my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Bye bye Basil

Author Topic: Bye bye Basil
Dani
Naboo Handmaiden
Ex-Part-Time Admin
Member # 57

- posted      Profile for Dani     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know I haven't been here in ages, but I wanted to share some sad news with you all, as some of the old timers shared in the antics of my ferret friend, Basil.

Sadly, he passed away last night. He'd been living with my mom for the past 3 years, since it allowed him the company of his fellow ferrets. She sent me an IM this morning to tell me the news. [Frown] He always greeted me the same whenever I came over, and I know he never forgot me, like I will never forget him.

Charles Capps
We appreciate your concern.
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Frown] [Frown] [Frown]

The sock theif shall always be remembered.

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, no! Not Basil! 8*(

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

LOA
Migraine Mistress
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for LOA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Frown] [Frown] I'm sorry to hear that, Dani..... *hugs* It's a sad day......... [Frown] [Frown] [Frown]

--------------------
"You are anal twattypoo who has ruined my good mood" PsyLiam to TSN May 01,2006.

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
An honorary viewing of "Kindergarten Cop" is needed...

--------------------
"Lotta people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

-Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney, LeMans

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, is there some kind of an accession process we go through now that a moderator has died? [Wink]

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

Lee
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I call Arbiter of Succession!

--------------------

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So that's why the li'l bugger had only one post to his name... I thought Basil was some oldie gone MIA like Baloo. B)
Lee
Member # 393

Only the really old-time members can understand the enigma that is - was - Basil.

Perhaps they should put Risa Beach back up for a memorial service. . .

--------------------

TheWoozle
Member # 929

- posted      Profile for TheWoozle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm sorry to hear about the little guy... but when I saw the title, my first thought was that John Cleese told his last biting retort.

--------------------
joH'a' 'oH wIj DevwI' jIH DIchDaq Hutlh pagh
(some days it's just not worth chewing through the leather straps in the morning)
The Woozle!

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We could make a big cauldron full of ratatouille, in his honor.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps