Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Happy Canada Day!!!!

Author Topic: Happy Canada Day!!!!
Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*announcerspeak* Please rise, for our National Anthem.

Oh Canada, our home and native land.
True patriot love, in all thy sons command.
With glowing hearts we see thee rise.
The True North Strong and Free.
From Far and wide, Oh Canada.
We Stand on guard for Thee.
God keep our land, glorious and free.
Oh Canada, we stand on guard for Thee.
Oh Canada, we stand on guard for Thee.

*Fireworks*

HAPPY CANADA DAY!!!!

------------------
I can resist anything.......
Except Temptation

[This message has been edited by Tahna Los (edited July 01, 1999).]

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*points out to Tahna that he missed 'patriot love' up near the top*

By the way, if CC does something to the forums for the 4th but nothing today, well, we'll beat him or something. Rise up, Canadians, rise up...

Oh, by the way, for the purposes of celebration, visit http://cwd.ptbcanadian.com/

------------------
"I... love you more... than I did the week before... I discovered Alcohol""
-The Barenaked Ladies

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yay! Yes, Happy Canada Day, everyone! You needn't be from Canada to join in the celebration; no one will care.

------------------
Doctor: "Run along. I'll reattach any severed limbs. Just don't misplace them." (Voyager: "The Killing Game")

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've always been fond of Bastille Day. Great Song.

------------------
WHO ARE YOU

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*displays new Canada-related signature*

------------------
"If the bathwater roars and my ear's underwater. It's a tolerant hum from the core."
--
The Tragically Hip

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*GROWL@Tom*

Fixed it. Happy?

Tom's right, CC. Better do something for today, cuz if you start a large party on the 4th, Tom, myself, and all the other Canadians are going to do "The Interrogation of Charles Capps: This time, it's for REAL"!!!!

------------------
I can resist anything.......
Except Temptation

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, and it's "O Canada" not "Oh Canada."

Yes, CC. Don't be Americacentric, please.

------------------
Doctor: "Run along. I'll reattach any severed limbs. Just don't misplace them." (Voyager: "The Killing Game")

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Please lets not start the Canada-USA thing again.

------------------
WHO ARE YOU

Jaresh Inyo
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Happy Canada

is better than America

Day!

------------------
Josh: I think they're getting to know each other a bit too well, if you catch my drift.
Me: Oh, I agree. I think they're spending too much time together, that is of course, if you catch my drift.
Asher: I think he's *ucking her, and he's cheating on his wife, and he's risking his marriage, and if his wife finds out about it she'll leave him and take their son, and his life will be ruined. If you catch my drift...

[This message has been edited by Jaresh Inyo (edited July 01, 1999).]

IP: Logged
Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

Jaresh... Canada is part of the Americas... And besides, we should be striving for peace and harmony.

------------------

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
YAY CANADA!!!

(Hey, we all might as well celebrate it while we still can...)

*whispers to the USA'ers* it's all gonna be USA by 2060 anyway...

------------------
"When we turn our back on our principles, we stop being human." -- Janeway, "Equinox"

Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

- posted      Profile for Baloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, yes! Let's have an American (USA-type) plan the celebrations for Canada Day!

I can see it now...

First, we'll decorate all the buildings in red and white bunting, then we'll get the mayor to give a speech, then we'll eat a lunch composed of those two Canadian favorites, Beer and Canadian Bacon.

After lunch, we'll play "Pin the tail on the Moose", followed by a course in emergency first aid (in case the moose objects). Afterward, we'll trim the tree with Canadian mounties and then right after sunset we'll roast marshmallows over a bonfire fueled by grizzly scat and tell patriotic stories about Canadian history.

...And then I woke up!

Okay Canadians, if you want a big deal over Canada day, you'd better take the lead 'coz we USA-ers have no clue what is traditional for you to celebrate about Canada, so we're very, VERY likely to screw the whole thing up and then you'd get mad. Would you expect your Buddhist friends to host a Christmas party and get the details right?

Get out in front and repeat after me: "This way, fellow Americans!"

--Baloo

------------------
All the wrong people have a good opinion of themselves.
www.geocities.com/Area51/Shire/8641/

[This message has been edited by Baloo (edited July 01, 1999).]

Jaresh Inyo
Ex-Member

Elim, thanks for the Geography reminder. Just in case anyone here didn't get it, I was joking.

------------------
Josh: I think they're getting to know each other a bit too well, if you catch my drift.
Me: Oh, I agree. I think they're spending too much time together, that is of course, if you catch my drift.
Asher: I think he's *ucking her, and he's cheating on his wife, and he's risking his marriage, and if his wife finds out about it she'll leave him and take their son, and his life will be ruined. If you catch my drift...

The First One
A lovely little thinker, but a bugger when he's pissed
Member # 35

- posted      Profile for The First One         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, Canadians aren't at all concerned about their more powerful southern neighbour. . . but somehow contrve to have a national day three days before America's national day?! Seems rather suspicious to me. . .
monkeyboy
Ex-Member

Did I miss the party!!!??
I was a little hung over from last night but

HAPPY CANADA DAY!!!!

------------------
I did'nt do it.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps