Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » My latest purchase

Author Topic: My latest purchase
The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

I've known quite a few people who collect professional models (in other words, ones that you buy complete and painted so they look totally realistic). I've always liked looking at some of the ones you find at car shows or hobby shops, so I finally got one at the Sharper Image at King of Prussia Mall when I was there a couple weeks ago. It's 1/18th scale, fully detailed inside and out (including the engine). The wheels turn in conjunction with the steering wheel, all the decals are authentic, the engine bits and rear wing have a carbon fiber feel to them.

It's a 2000 Mercedes-Benz CLK-DTM, sponsered by D2 (now known as Vodafone), and driven by Bernd Schneider to the 2000 DTM Championship, which is kinda like the German version of NASCAR, except not as backwords.

Here are more pictures of it:
(yes, I know, crappy webcam pics. It's all I have)
Front
Side
Rear 3/4ths
Engine Cover Removed And Doors Opened

And in case you're wondering, THIS is a picture of the real car.

Next on my list will be either the regular Mercedes-Benz CLK-GTR Road Car, or the Original-Teile sponsered Mercedes-Benz CLK-GTR. Or any of the Abt Audi TT-Rs if I can find one from another company.

EDIT: Here's Sharper Image's page on the model so you can see a better picture. That one has a different sponsership and paint scheme because its run by a different team and driver, but the car itself is identical.

--------------------
"Lotta people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

-Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney, LeMans

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
its funny the Bernd has a doppelganger who drives cars.. actually, i do too.. theres a German driver named Michael Bartel too..
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And here I really thought you were just brown-nosing Bernd!

Nice model....although I'd have to saok it in easy off and re-paint it in a custom color but I'm a modeler and we just can't leave well enough alone.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Austin Powers
Slightly warped
Member # 250

- posted      Profile for Austin Powers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Then buy the unpainted version in the first place. Much cheaper too I suppose...

--------------------
Lister: Don't give me the "Star Trek" crap! It's too early in the morning.
- Red Dwarf "The Last Day"

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps