Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » sentencing

Author Topic: sentencing
Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello all,
This is Shik's friend Jenn. I went to the sentencing with him yesterday.. and I returned to State College alone. He was sentenced to 18 months and several years of probation, and the Judge is recommending work release. From the sound of things, I think he has a pretty decent shot at parole. Although I'm sure he would disagree with me, I think it went fairly well considering the original charges.

-jenn-

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
*gulp*

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Considering the charges that were against him, as well as that he was fighting them without an attorney, I think that went better than I was fearing it would. Still, damn.

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[Frown]

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Holy crap.
Drug dealers don't get that long for a first offense!

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So he's in jail now? (I don't know if they give you some time to tie up lose ends before they put you in)

--------------------
"Lotta people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

-Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney, LeMans

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
He had a good deal of time between his trial and his sentencing. And I think he posted about getting his stuff in order. And, y'know, Jen did say that she went back to State College ... alone.

Here's counting the days until Shik is back with us.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"I think he has a pretty decent shot at parole..."

Yeah? When? After he has served 17 months of the 18 he's looking at now?

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So where was the little bitch that got him in trouble in the first place?
Was she there for his sentencing asking the Judge for a lighter sentence?

Of course not: she's 17 and probably has forgotten all about Shik.
Mabye she spent the day down at the mall. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And let's keep in mind her age when this happened and how old Shik was. He's my friend, but what he did was RAPE. You might think it's okay to have sex with a fifteen year old girl, but what if she'd been fourteen? Or ten? GIRL is the operative word here.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

I'm not condoning anything, but if this girl supposedly loved him so, she could have stood up for him.
People really don't give teens any credit just because they're underage.

People today are supposedly SO prepared for the world but it's all crap: women in the 20-30's were already married by 15 and many already had jobs to provide for their families.
This was no innocent that had never seen a man before and I'm sure she's physically active with whoever her new boyfreind is.
When I was 14 I knew several girls that were total whores....welcome to parental neglect.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Agreed. Regardless of who she was, or how benevolent his intentions may have been, he took advantage of the fact that she was interested and willing, even though all people that age invariably have significantly changed personalities by the time they're "grown up". We have statutory rape laws as they are for exactly that reason. He's lucky he got off as easily as he did.

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would vastly prefer it if this was kept to a simple announcement, rather than a discussion. So, I'm going to lock this, and stick it to the top for a week or so. The other thread with a similar theme is still open, so discuss things there if you'd like.

And Omega feels it necessary to point out that he is agreeing with Malnurtured Snay's comment.

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps