Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » SEE KILL BILL!!!! (Page 1)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: SEE KILL BILL!!!!
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In-SANE!

It's like a japanese comic book put on film...with anime in a flashback.
And nods to Bruce Lee
And nods to Japanese Godzilla movies
And it's....just....amazing.

PLus there are TWO direct Star Trek refrences in the movie!

The movie opens with text on the screen:

Revenge is dish best served cold.
-Old Klingon proverb

Now that is a classy way to start a movie.

By far Tarintino's best movie to date...and it's just part one of two!

...and, of course, I got to see it with six others in a deserted movie theatre the night before it opens. [Big Grin]

P.S.- I saw the new Return of The King and Matrix: Revolutions trailers with the movie. [Razz]

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I will go and see it, though I sometimes get irritated with certain friends who blindly worship anything Tarantino and Rodriguez spits out, just as long as it's got their names on it.
The same people who also think "Pirates of the Caribbean" was the best movie of the year.

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Axeman 3D
Member # 1050

- posted      Profile for Axeman 3D     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All the reviews I've read say it's crap. which nearly made me cry. I thought Tarantino could do no wrong, but apparently Kill Bill is just not worth the effort. If he'd stuck to the original idea and made one kick-ass movie it wouldn't be so bloaty apparently, but as i say this is merely the opinion of people I trust. I'll have to see it to make my own mind up, but yours is the first positive review I've seen.

--------------------
www.kennyscrap.com - where I download crap I make.

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We'll hopefully get to see it this weekend. Just remember - so far this is a spoiler-free thread. . .

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Bond, James Bond
Member # 1127

- posted      Profile for Bond, James Bond     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ebert & Roeper gave it two thumbs up and I've read a lot of other positive reviews.

Personally, I can't wait to see it. I loves me the Martial Arts and Tarantino movies so this is truly the best of both worlds for me. And anything with a chick kicking ass I usually dig (Alias, Dark Angel, Crouching Tiger..., et al.)

The jumpsuit worn by Uma Thurmon is the same type as the one worn by Bruce Lee in "Enter the Dragon". [Cool]

--------------------
"You must talk to him; tell him that he is a good cat, and a pretty cat, and..." -- Data
"I will feed him" -- Worf (Phantasms)

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Take off those sunglasses, kid, it was "Game of Death".

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Bond, James Bond
Member # 1127

- posted      Profile for Bond, James Bond     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My bad, you're right. Damn, there goes my appearance on "Beat the Geeks". [Big Grin]

--------------------
"You must talk to him; tell him that he is a good cat, and a pretty cat, and..." -- Data
"I will feed him" -- Worf (Phantasms)

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I plan to see Kill Bill, but being broke kind of affects that. As it does a great many other things...

--------------------
"Lotta people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

-Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney, LeMans

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Something to keep in mind:
Dont go in planning to analize every plot aspect like we do a Trek episode if you want to enjoy the movie.
Like in 60's matral arts movies, people lose LOTS of blood without immeadately passing out/ dying/ scraeaming endlessly.

Go in planning to watch a fun movie with lots of action and you'll really love it. [Big Grin]

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

TheWoozle
Member # 929

- posted      Profile for TheWoozle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Axeman 3D:
All the reviews I've read say it's crap.

In my experience, movies are pretty much the oppposite of what reciews say they are.. so it MUST be a good movie.. heh.

--------------------
joH'a' 'oH wIj DevwI' jIH DIchDaq Hutlh pagh
(some days it's just not worth chewing through the leather straps in the morning)
The Woozle!

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As Ritten might have fucking deduced from the fucking Endagered Species Deregulation thread, I saw this fucking movie today. VERY intense. LOTS of blood. Some really cool stuff too. I felt like maybe it could have been funnier at a couple of points, but it definitely wasn't taking itself too seriously. A real hoot, and just some spectacular (and ridiculous (and spectacularly ridiculous)) fight scenes. Dirty, vicious, clever, hip and fun. Fucking fun, even.

--------------------
"Nah. The 9th chevron is for changing the ringtone from "grindy-grindy chonk-chonk" to the theme tune to dallas." -Reverend42

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Abbadon:

Dont go in planning to analize every plot aspect like we do a Trek episode if you want to enjoy the movie.

"we"?

I'd also say "analyse", but I've given up trying to figure out which ones are stupid American spellings, and which ones are just stupid Americans spelling.

Wow, that almost works.

Anyway, good film. Fun. Not the sort of thing to make me declare Tarantino as my new god though, and behind Reservoir Dogs in overall quality. I also thought that the anime bit was more violent that the rest of it.

It was rated 18 over here though, which meant I finally got to enjoy a film without stupid annoying little brats running up and down the isle saying "Where is the Hulk?", "Where it the Terminator", "Where is Fucking Nemo"?

I also saw Fucking...er, Finding Nemo, and I'd say that's easily as good as Kill Bill. So there.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It should have been "analyze", if that helps you at all.
Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

- posted      Profile for Jeff Raven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Watched it. Loved it. Want more.

--------------------
The Legend of Jeff Raven: As told by himself

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

I should spank all you spelling correctors with a katana.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps