Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Oh well (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Oh well
Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yesterday, when my wife came home from seeing a friend of hers, she left the garage door open overnight. As a result, some enterprising person seized the opportunity for personal enrichment for no work, relieved us of our cd�s.

So, I�m sitting here thinking, yeah, the are only cd�s. A few hundred dollars worth, but big deal, they can be replaced.

I only hope they like jazz, cause whoever they are, they got some of my best stuff. I do find it upsetting to think that most likely, they are going to toss the jazz or get rid of it without realizing they have some good stuff.

I'm off to seach the cd cases to see what's gone.

[ November 22, 2003, 12:14 PM: Message edited by: Jay the Obscure ]

--------------------
Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war.
~ohn Adams

Once again the Bush Administration is worse than I had imagined, even though I thought I had already taken account of the fact that the Bush administration is invariably worse than I can imagine.
~Brad DeLong

You're just babbling incoherently.
~C. Montgomery Burns

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why were your CDs in the garage?

--------------------
"Lotta people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

-Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney, LeMans

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They were in my car.

--------------------
~ohn Adams

Once again the Bush Administration is worse than I had imagined, even though I thought I had already taken account of the fact that the Bush administration is invariably worse than I can imagine.
~Brad DeLong

~C. Montgomery Burns

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

A couple of years ago, my wife gave me a cd portable cd carrier for my car that was pretty big and I filled it up. A count of empty cd holders reveals that I lost...

56 jazz/swing
30 pop/rock

I�m not sure how many my wife lost, but they got her car too.

*sigh*

--------------------
~ohn Adams

~Brad DeLong

~C. Montgomery Burns

LOA
Migraine Mistress
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for LOA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Got renters or homeowners insurance? Typically, it will cover anything that is taken from your car in a break-in situation....

Just a little something I found out when my car was stolen a few years ago...... sorry 'bout you havin' to deal with that.... people suck.....

~Liz

--------------------
"You are anal twattypoo who has ruined my good mood" PsyLiam to TSN May 01,2006.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Step 1: file a police report and get a copy of it to keep.
Step 2: go t your local pawn shops and look for your stuff. If it's there, call the officer handling the case. The officer can get your stuff back from the Pawn Shop and find out who sold it there.

It's a shot in the dark, but I got a camera back that way once.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Step 3. Buy a spindle of blank CD-Rs, copy all your CDs, and keep those in your car.
Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
and mark them, for easy identification later....

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

Veers
You first
Member # 661

- posted      Profile for Veers         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It would be refreshing to find out if the people who stole the CD's actually stole it because they liked jazz. This would show that, even though they are petty criminals, they actually have some taste in music.

--------------------
Meh

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice of them to leave you with your cars, anyway.
MaGiC
tutis per veneficus
Member # 59

- posted      Profile for MaGiC     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nim - The Eternal Optimist

--------------------
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO, What a Ride"

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I assume you had your cars unlocked as well then? Guess they didn't know how to hotwire your car. Be glad.

--------------------
"Lotta people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

-Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney, LeMans

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry to hear about your CDs getting lifted. But this presents an excellent excuse to: Buy an iPod! Or better yet, make the parents of the kids who stole your CDs buy you an iPod.

[ November 23, 2003, 07:43 PM: Message edited by: Balaam Xumucane ]

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

Yeah, well lifing cd's is a far cry from boosting a car.

At any rate, they are gone. Such is life. Now that I have a computer that has a cd burner, I think that I'll make use of TSN's idea.

And I'll start building my collection again.

--------------------
~ohn Adams

~Brad DeLong

~C. Montgomery Burns

Grokca
Member # 722

- posted      Profile for Grokca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
At any rate, they are gone. Such is life. Now that I have a computer that has a cd burner, I think that I'll make use of TSN's idea.

And I'll start building my collection again.

If you download all of the songs you had, then you have stolen them from someone else, and all is even in the world. [Big Grin]

--------------------
"and none of your usual boobery."
M. Burns

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps