Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Yes, Merry Christmas!

Author Topic: Yes, Merry Christmas!
Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To me Christmas/New Year's represents a near month-long break from continuous studies and stress, along with a lot of food and company.

I intend to do as much healing and recouperating as possible, in face of the next year, and since practically all of 2003 has been shit to me (except for December) it feels good to put it behind me.

I've spent practically all day just sitting in a sofa reading my copy of "History of Middle Earth" (haven't had the time to really lose myself in it in months) in the company of my father and some others.
We actually have snow, although it harbors on the melting degree all the time.
I wish you all appreciation of what good can come with this holiday, to each his own.

If life has taught me everything, it's that even when times look bad you can still at least try and spread joy and christmas spirit into the hearts of your fellows, no matter how pointless it feels...

Merry Yule, Flareites!

LOA
Migraine Mistress
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for LOA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, Merry Christmas - even though I've come off as a total scrooge lately, this truly is my favorite time of year, and I hope that the holiday season has been treating everyone here well, as well as your families and friends! [Smile]

~LOA

--------------------
"You are anal twattypoo who has ruined my good mood" PsyLiam to TSN May 01,2006.

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, Merry Christmas all. It was a good day. Hope everyone had a good time, good eats and lots of pressies. 8)

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got kicked in the balls and received no presents. However, I did get some good food. So, umm... yeah.

Still, Merry Christmas to everyone who celebrates the holiday. [Big Grin]

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A kick in the balls would eaqual one dead cousin in my house, Siggie.
Or at the least, he'd be singing falsetto forever.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
While going to prison for killing my cousin may have it's advantages (no longer required to attend family functions, my chances of getting into a meaningful relationship skyrocket), it's not something I really want to do.

Locking him in the closet while I sing karaoke Celine Dion and Britney Spears might be more fun. I might as well take advantage of my voice being that high.

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

LOA
Migraine Mistress
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for LOA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oohh....hehehe..... the nad-kicking story never loses it's excitement and entertainment value in my world! *claps hands* Yay, Siggy!

~LOA

--------------------
"You are anal twattypoo who has ruined my good mood" PsyLiam to TSN May 01,2006.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOA's penchant for pain-related humor shows a whole new to her personality.....
And here we had you pegged as wholesome. [Wink]

A Cup may be required protective gear for those Flarites attending the "conjunction". [Big Grin]

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Remember to place the cup's barbed wire on the outside....

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Unless you're into THAT scene...

--------------------
"Lotta people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

-Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney, LeMans

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

I cant imagine that's really a scene per se', but possibly it's a fringe.
Either way, LOA laughs at men's pain!

The horror....

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

WizArtist
Member # 1095

- posted      Profile for WizArtist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lock him in the closet and play Slim Whitman records.....worked in Mars Attacks!

--------------------
I am the Anti-Abaddon.
I build models at a scale of 2500/1

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, a belated MERRY CHRISTMAS!! from yours truly, who has partially celebrated it in a hospital this year (only not as a patient) and was humbled by how everyone there refused to let such little things as cancer or paralysis get in the way of their cheerful disposition and could still see past their own misfortunes, which is more than he can say for some people he knows.

Thanks, Nim. You never quite learn to cherish what you have, like good health, until you meet people who have nothing left but the certainty of their own impending death (a hearty UP TEH BUTT!! to the smartass who will doubtlessly disturb my quiet moment of self-reflection by saying "we all have that one", even if it is true) yet carry themselves with more dignity than most of us ever will.

This concludes the obligatory moral lesson for 2003. Do check back next year, eh?

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cartman:
(a hearty UP TEH BUTT!! to the smartass who will doubtlessly disturb my quiet moment of self-reflection by saying "we all have that one", even if it is true)

Now now, Tim's been good about stuff like that recently.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Wraith
Zen Riot Activist
Member # 779

- posted      Profile for Wraith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Merry Christmas everyone!! A little late, i know, but I've been too bloated to move since Thursday...

--------------------
"I am an almost extinct breed, an old-fashioned gentleman, which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-bitch when it suits me." --Jubal Harshaw

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps