Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Privateering Videogame Question (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Privateering Videogame Question
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is this Privateer 1 or 2? I'm guessing 2, because, well, that's more likely. I got quite far in that, and then lost the dics, and could never quite be bothered picking up another one. Tsk.

quote:
Originally posted by Cartman:
"And then I went on a recon for 15 minutes and saw 9 Really Big Sathanus MegaScaryShip Things..."

I shall now spoil you anyway by saying that you will see them again.

I suspected as much. After all, you don't show something like that from a distance and then not show it again. That was great though...build up this monster ship as a big threat, have your biggest ship just about destroy it, and then reveal that there are 9 more. Great

I'll try not to spoil FS1, but I did really love the beginning of that game, where the war you are fighting is abruptly turned on its head. And that final mission...I can't remember how many times I did it.

Okay, back to FS2, with a difficulty upgrade to Hard.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, believe it or not, I'm still working on Privateer 1. Privateer 2 sounds like it's more linear and plainly I'm not all that interested in following such a set script. Or I'm far more interested in, well, privateering.
quote:
Originally posted by Cartman:
It worked for me, and my hardware is pretty exotic (well, from the POV of 1994 software, anyway),

You and your crazy 2004 Velveeta-Optical storage devices.

No, but so with some more tweaking aroud under the hood it's working now with MyJEMM. I suspect the culprit was the 'Speech' expansion I had d/l'd and installed before even getting it running in the first place. So it runs now. Sorta. The sound is a bit whacked (which I'm told is normal) and I'm having difficulty getting it to comprehend my wizbang Saitek X-45 joystick/throttle. Hard to dogfight with the keyboard. Can't believe the chopiness of these graphics. Maybe I need a smaller monitor.

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, OK, maybe not that exotic, but still quite, erh, foreign. Or something.

And you don't need a smaller monitor per se, just a selective memory wipe of all graphics advancements made since 1993. B)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps