Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Need help quashing a virus

Author Topic: Need help quashing a virus
TranswarpPerry
Member # 1295

- posted      Profile for TranswarpPerry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have AVG. It detected psw.bispy.a but apparently didn't get rid of it. Any thoughts?
TranswarpPerry
Member # 1295

- posted      Profile for TranswarpPerry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
bump
Styrofoaman
Member # 706

- posted      Profile for Styrofoaman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Norton?

I hate quash. Really hate that yello 'summer quash' the most. Parents made us eat it almost every day when we were young.

--------------------
Like A Bat Out Of Hell...

Manticore
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Manticore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sure you don't mean "squash"...?

--------------------
Fell deeds await. Now for Wrath... Now for Ruin... and a Red Dawn...
-Theoden, TTT

Lord Vorkosigan does not always get what he wants!

Mucus
Member # 24

- posted      Profile for Mucus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are you sure thats the spelling?
It doesn't show up on Symantec's website or AVGs and Google gives nothing.

TranswarpPerry
Member # 1295

That was the spelling. I'm now virus and spyware free (for the moment at least).

Quash vb. to suppress or extinguish summarily and completely

Styrofoaman
Member # 706

- posted      Profile for Styrofoaman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Quash is indeed a word.

--------------------
Like A Bat Out Of Hell...

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I really hate saying this, since it makes me sound patronising and makes you all sound like idiots, but...

You have been installing your critical updates, haven't you? And you haven't been opening those emails with attachments from people you don't know, have you?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

TranswarpPerry
Member # 1295

Yes I have been doing my updates & I haven't gotten an email with an attachment in I don't know how long.

Problem fixed anyhow, so I'm good to go.

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"I really hate saying this..."

You do not.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, I do, but not for the reason said. I hate saying it because I am ALWAYS saying it to people, and then they come crying to me that they've caught Worm.blaster, and I ask if they've installed their critical updates, and they say no, and I kill them.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, I can see how constantly worrying that the next murder will be the one they catch you for could be troubling.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps