Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Cold War.net

Author Topic: Cold War.net
akb1979
Just loves those smilies!
Member # 557

- posted      Profile for akb1979     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, anyone know what's happened to http://www.cold-war.net/ these last few months? I can't seem to access the site - it's as though it's gone for good. Anyone know whether it's moved or not?

--------------------
If you cant convince them, confuse them.

deadcujo
Spectator
Member # 13

- posted      Profile for deadcujo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've never been there before, but it looks like the site hasn't been active for a couple months: http://whois.sc/cold-war.net

--------------------
Picard: Mr. Crusher, what's our maximum speed this week?
Wesley: [checking manual] Uh, 9.4, sir.
Picard: Very good. Take us to Warp 9.8 then.
Wesley: Aye, sir. Warp 9.2 it is.

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mike "Lance" Nutter, the owner of that site, has stopped working on that project. I have the reasons somewhere in my email archives... He posts on Flare every now and again so he might pop into this thread.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
what was the page about?

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Using Archive.org, it seems the last update was June 23rd, 2003.

It appears to be a science-fiction story about Earth in the year 3000, with alien space powers and lots of ships.

The few ships I saw reminded me of the USS Sulaco from "Aliens" and Earth Force ships from Babylon 5; bulky, grey and quite pointy in parts.

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think there were a lot of aliens, like the Battlemech Universe they were all humans, colony worlds that seperated from Earth and started their own empires.....

I didn't like the fighter craft all that well, they seemed to have devolved in to craft that looked like they were designed in the late 30's early 40's....

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps