Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Drawing Tablet problems.

Author Topic: Drawing Tablet problems.
Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, so I have this drawing tablet (a cheap-ass Trust Work Tablet 100) that I rarely use (because I suck at it).

But recently, whenever I use it, all goes terribly wrong. If I click on the pad with the pen, the cursor resets itself to the top-left corner of the screen, resulting in either closing the application or opening up all sorts of annoying context menus. Or worse, I find myself misplacing toolbars. Incredibly annoying.

The problems seemed to coincide with me installing MS OneNote, a hugely bloated program that wants to be a replacement for post-it notes. I uninstalled it because it sucks, but the problem is still there. So my guess it that it was just a coincidence. I have updated the drivers (well, actually, Trust never really bothered making any updates, so the original drivers are the most up-to-date). Windows Update of course, thinks it's some sort of generic input device, and recommends some exotic drivers. Those drivers don't work at all.

Now, I also noticed this really weird icon if I hold and press the pen:
 -

Anyone got a clue what this icon is supposed to be? It blinks like crazy, and I can't find it anywhere in XP's config. It might have something to do with the awkward behaviour of my pen.

Any clues? Or should I just throw the damn thing out the of window (I definitely feel like doing so right now).

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Alright.. I've done some more diagnostics. It definitely looks like that funky icon has something to do with it.

I believe it might be some kind of Accesibility feature.

--------------------

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
By "really weird icon", do you mean the printer thingy with the six bar thingies around it, or the malformed mouse cursor thingy? Either way, I'm guessing this is some sort of bizarre USB conflict.
Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

The printer is icon is just the CorelDRAW toolbar. The icon itself is the mouse (with blinking right-mouse button) and the 'sparks'.

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps