Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » How I Got My Whole Squad Killed, or, Battlefield 1942 (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: How I Got My Whole Squad Killed, or, Battlefield 1942
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
With my new (very cool) PC, I have (in addition to downloading the new episodes of The Sopranos and burning them to DVD) been playing quite a bit more Counter-Strike.

I really love the new Tactical Shield for Counter-Terrorists. It really can be easy for the T's to defeat, but can provide a nice edge on assault maps like cs_assault and cs_estate.

Anyway ... [EGBT]'s CounterStrike server has been down for some time now, and our Battlefield:1942 server should be back up shortly, so I decided it was time to bring in a new multiplayer game. Thusly, I now have Battlefield: 1942!

I have never played BF: 1942. I don't know HOW to play it, but it does seem super fucking cool. So, um, if anyone else here DOES play it, let me know where! I'd really like to start fragging people. [Smile]

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, I'll bite.

I have it, I play it, I love it, unfortunately since I graduated college and no longer have the 'free' broadband, I can no longer play it online. [Frown]

I'm really tempted to get Battlefield: Vietnam...

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

Manticore
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Manticore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've played the demos and the campaign when I borrowed it from a friend. It's a great game, wish I owned it myself. [Frown]

Sadly, you can't play multiplayer games (ANY game) here at school. [Frown]

--------------------
Fell deeds await. Now for Wrath... Now for Ruin... and a Red Dawn...
-Theoden, TTT

Lord Vorkosigan does not always get what he wants!

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well we couldn't play games in the computer labs...but in our dorms/apartments we could. The only thing that they had restrictions on were the Napster/Kazaa downloading because it slowed down the schools servers so much...

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been playing a great deal of Medal of Honor: Spearhead online.

As if that adds anything to this conversation other than a random thought...rather like saying "I like pudding" in a thread about bananas.

It's computer gaming related any way.

And it's online.

--------------------
Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war.
~ohn Adams

Once again the Bush Administration is worse than I had imagined, even though I thought I had already taken account of the fact that the Bush administration is invariably worse than I can imagine.
~Brad DeLong

You're just babbling incoherently.
~C. Montgomery Burns

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
More pudding.

I've recently become addicted to the multiplayer beta-demo of Joint Operations.

I've played the BF:1942 demo, but never actually got the game. It's a bit too late now, I guess.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Capt.Blair245
Member # 1113

- posted      Profile for Capt.Blair245     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have both games and it is very addictive [Smile]

I never played '42 online but I played Vietnam online and its just pure chaos when virtual AK-47 rounds are whizzing over ur head, and ur trying to get into a huey but once ur on, a single RPG takes care of that [Razz]

'42 is a less complicated than vietnam but the kits are easier too. I like Medic and Engineer best in '42, though if ur gonna play online, I suggest that u use Medic, Scout, and Assault. Being a Engineer online is just gonna kill u.

--------------------
Graffiti decorations/under a sky of dust/a constant wave of tension/on top of broken trust/the lessons that you taught me/I learned were never true
Now I find myself in question,
Guilty by association,

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"You".

--------------------
".mirrorS arE morE fuN thaN televisioN" - TEH PNIK FLAMIGNO

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...over YOUR head, and YOU'RE trying to get into a huey but once YOU'RE on...if YOU'RE gonna play online, I suggest that YOU use Medic, Scout, and Assault. Being a Engineer online is just gonna kill YOU.
Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Grammer Police...the online edition.

--------------------
Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war.
~ohn Adams

Once again the Bush Administration is worse than I had imagined, even though I thought I had already taken account of the fact that the Bush administration is invariably worse than I can imagine.
~Brad DeLong

You're just babbling incoherently.
~C. Montgomery Burns

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, Kelsey needs something to do know that Frasier' finished.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And: He's here all week!
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"...know that Frasier' finished."

Yes, I'd heard.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just bought BF: Vietnam today - installing it now. It's not too late to buy BF: 1942, it's a really FUN game (especially when you call in artillery on your own troops!)

I really got addicted to the Iwo Jima map for some reason ... played it four times in a row on alternating sides. Really sucked the first time I jumped in a Zero as a Marine and wound up getting shot up by my own side as soon as I got the thing in the sky ... grrr! [Smile]

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Charles Capps
We appreciate your concern.
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BF:V crashes my system. >_<
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps