Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » It's been a while, but I'm back... (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: It's been a while, but I'm back...
Chris W.
Member # 1347

- posted      Profile for Chris W.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey everyone. It has been years since my last post here on Flare, but I've decided to re-join the collective here. Some of you may not even remember me. I first joined this community back when the interface was still in LCARS format. I was originally from Orlando, FL, but I now live in Virginia Beach. I enlisted in the Navy mid-2002 and I am now a month away from my 2 year mark. I'm an F/A-18 Hornet electronics technician, at NAS Oceana. In the two years I have been in, I have seen a majority of the USA (35 states).

Anyway, browsing through some of the posts here I see familiar names, and it's good to see familiar faces. In truth, since DS9 and VOY ended, Trek has played less and less of a role in my life. I hardly ever watch TV anymore (the news, when I do). I have seen less than 5 episodes of ENT and I have no desire to see more. The only trek I see are re-runs on Spike TV, SciFi...

Hopefully I can rekindle some interest in the series. It's good to be back. [Cool]

Christopher Weyer
Virginia Beach, VA

BTW, I'll be in the San Diego area in August for a couple weeks.

--------------------
Yeah, I'm the same guy from prev. incarnations of these forums.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi! Welcome back! Buy me a Jeep, and I'll love you long long time. Jeepy-Jeepy?

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What name did you post under back then? Because "Chris W" isn't ringing any bells with me.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Chris W.
Member # 1347

- posted      Profile for Chris W.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, various handles, such as Jamaharon (the others I have forgotten by now).

--------------------

Lee
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nope. Did you have a login on the present Flare? Might still exist.

--------------------

Chris W.
Member # 1347

No, I do not have a login at the present Flare. I guess we're with a clean slate, then.

--------------------

Lee
Member # 393

Oh, well. Welcome back. Don't worry if people don't remember you, there have been just too damn many people come and go over the years. 8)

--------------------

Chris W.
Member # 1347

I wasn't worrying. :-p

--------------------

Toadkiller
Member # 425

- posted      Profile for Toadkiller     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Besides most have trouble remembering last week - in my case I'd just rather not, but that's a different story.

--------------------
Twee bieren tevreden, zullen mijn vriend betalen.

Lee
Member # 393

Ah, yes. I just about remember you - "the guy whose name is sort-of like Toadfish, but isn't." 8)

--------------------

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
who am i?

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jesus.
Now get back on that cross you damn dirty hippy!

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah, welcome back... are you sure you want to enter this insane asylum again?

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
An AT eh.. Thankfully I managed to avoid big decks, so I don't know anything about the aviation side of the Navy.

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Oh, various handles, such as Jamaharon (the others I have forgotten by now)."

Aha, so you are the erstwhile "Kudagram", also. I had kind of thought that when I was trying to remember who you were.

Didn't you almost get kicked out once after flaming Charles?

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps