Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Video Card Confusion (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Video Card Confusion
bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, I think I'll be OK on that. It's an Athlon XP 2000+ or whatever. I asked about processors here before and based on the board's advice, I think I'll wait for cheaper Socket 939 motherboards. Might need more RAM inthe mean time, but that's cheap now too. I skimped on the videocard thinking I would be content with older games. (TNT2 Ultra seems ample for Total Annihilation, TIE and even Freespace)
Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Seems ample for Total Annihilation"... teehee. Such innocence.
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What's up with a GeForce MX?

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Cartman
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, if nVidia's graphics card lineup was a village, they would be the local idiots.
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
nVidia releases the GeForce. It was good. They released the GeForce 2. It was also good, but expensive. They released a cutdown version called a GeForce 2 MX, for a cheaper price.

All that was okay. But then they released the GeForce 3, and GeForce 4, and realised that their budget card was rather out of date. So they released the GeForce 4 MX. Except that the GeForce 4 MX isn't a GeForce 4 at all. It's still a GeForce 2, albiet a faster one. People bought these cards. They thought that they had GeForce 4 cards. They were wrong. nVidia's money men laughed mightily. And then went home and watched some hentai.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And there's all this shit about overclocking them which sounds vaguely dangerous and maybe slightly stupid. I am unknowing.
quote:
Originally posted by Cartman:
"Seems ample for Total Annihilation"... teehee. Such innocence.

Innocence? Ignorance, more like. Enlighten me, us all really. Incidentally, weren't we gonna cross Krogoth at one point. I've still not figured out what my new broadband service will be, but would you still be sporting when that time comes.
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, what specs are you running Total Annihilation at? 640 x 480? Minimum detail?

And if you don't know what you're doing, then don't overclock them. You don't need to.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Cartman
Member # 256

quote:
Originally posted by Balaam Xumucane:
Incidentally, weren't we gonna cross Krogoth at one point.

So we were, Furioso, so we were.

The enlightenment will have to wait until such time as your new broadband service is figured out by you. But if your TNT2 has so far been ample for Total Annihilation, then you probably haven't been totally inducted into the 1600x1200-OMG-I'm-dating-myself-5000-unit-limit-8-way-multiplayer-hall-of-fame yet. This could be fun.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps