Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Social Hygiene Posters (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Social Hygiene Posters
Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You don't want to know where I'm going with this...

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"It is the sex or creative impulse which inspires her warmth of affection, her intensity of purpose, her desire to devote herself to the welfare of humanity."

How the hell did humanity make it through the 40's with notions as stupid as this? And what's with the kid on the first one that looks like frequent wet dreams have caused him to lose his mind? "Pay them no heed... they'll only drive you instantly insane like the young man shown above."

This one's my favorite: http://digital.lib.umn.edu/IMAGES/reference/swhp/SWHP0082.jpg

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OFTEN TAKE GIRLS AUTORIDING

Maybe that would get me through this.

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's a woman in drag with her in that poster Aban...

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Of course. Because asking a gentleman to pretend to seduce a woman for the purposes of a photograph would be against the sensabilities of the times. But asking a transvestite actress to hold hands with another woman was just fine.

Was there any logic to these at all?

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

NO!!!

--------------------

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Take that, The Past!
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lousy past! I'll show you!
...show you all!

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We sure have a lousy past, we existing beings.

There's that time I called that guy fat in 3rd grade, and the Holocaust, also The White Man's Burden.

I disagree with Aban's vitriolic response to the poster with the strawberry-girl.
I think it seems very non-"Edwardian era" in its view on sex, the authors actually credit sex with actual positive remarks, not the "Close your eyes and think of England!" attitude.

A month ago I read a long article written by fashion professor Lundgren, she said that full cover clothes and high-buttoned jackets are coming back into women's fashion. After having experienced a total slutfest for the past ten years, many people "in the business" predict that the western world will enter into another 50's period come 2005-2015, but with more style and less prejudice this time around.
The main idea seems to be to "leave more to the imagination".
I think I might like it, the article's pictures showed some example-girls in duffle jackets, checkered long-coats and tall brown suede boots.
Looked noice, one of the girls reminded me of Diana Rigg (in 1966).

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Heh heh, Lundgren. . .

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

I'm not saying that there are no benefits to sex. Heck yah, there are (or so I'm told). I'm just saying that crediting it as the sole reason a woman might develop a desire to benefit society is a little weird.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

Nim
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh yes. Also, I was inaggerating about your response.

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

Inaggerating? Is that like the opposite of exaggerating?

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

Nim
Member # 205

*nods so hard he falls out of chair*
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

Ah. So what you mean is, you think I'm an opinionated dork who should just be quiet?

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps