Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Save Merriweather Post!

Author Topic: Save Merriweather Post!
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Merriweather Post Pavilion, designed by world-renown architect, Frank Gehry, opened in 1967 and was immediately heralded as an architectural success. Beyond simply being a marvelous structure placed in a beautiful natural setting, Merriweather was praised it�s sound quality as well. In its heyday, Merriweather played host to several dozen shows each year, with acts ranging from symphonies to ballets to plays to popular musicians. Though it recently fell on some hard times, with the annual number of shows decreasing and a lack of investment and upkeep in the site, Merriweather rebounded in 2004 with the help of IMP Productions, its current managers. IMP devoted considerable resources to improving the grounds, for which they have received unqualified praise, and the schedule this year was healthier than any in recent past. The Summer of 2004 showed doubters that Merriweather is still a viable concert venue and can certainly be successful and profitable.
I didn't see many concerts at Merriweather - only one, I think: Counting Crows & Live. It was a great show. Atholton High School's graduation ceremonies also used to be held at Merriweather. How many people get to recieve their diploma on the same stage that Jimmi Hendrix once performed on?

Columbia is over developed as it is. It doesn't need another Bed Bath and Beyond. Keep the music, man.
 -

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps