Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Holiday Spice (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Holiday Spice
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So I'm in the campus convenience store today and I spot a new variety of Pepsi, Holiday Spice. A limited edition spiced cola for the holidays, just arrived today. Its fucking two days after Hallowe'en and already the Christmas shit is on the shelves. But anyways, I was intrigued by this new product and purchased it. Not quite sure if I like it yet. Tastes like generic brand colas I've had. I'll never understand why the beverage companies release special limited edition varieties of soft drinks and what not and then take them away. What happened to Pepsi Blue, eh? EH? I really liked that stuff and now its gone. [Frown]
Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's all about the money. If a product sells, it stays. If it doesn't, it goes. Try buying the same groceries at the same supermarket every week for a few months; half the items on your list disappear.

(At least, that's what they tought me in Economics, but, you know, managers.)

--------------------
".mirrorS arE morE fuN thaN televisioN" - TEH PNIK FLAMIGNO

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pepsi has seemed to keep the 57 varieties of Mountain Dew on the shelves for quite a while.

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I haven't actually seen Code Red for a while. And I never saw that special variety for the summer, either.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Code Red is popular enough around here (Mich), that it even gets it own slot in most all Pepsi machines I have seen, and is an option on tap at places such as Taco Bell. I don't mind Code Red but its almost too sweet for my liking.

Live Wire seemed to be advertised more as a limited time variety when that first came out well over a year ago and its still around, though not as popular as Code Red. I've never actually had Live Wire.

The new one is Pitch Black (Grape) that came out here 2 or 3 months ago, and I actually like quite a bit.

Overall, I am still partial to the original.... [Big Grin]

So what is the spiced pepsi supposed to taste like?

--------------------

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

It says "cola spiced up for the season" and has hints of cinammon and nutmeg.

This new variety of MD sounds interesting, but I haven't seen it around yet.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Charles Capps
We appreciate your concern.
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Live Wire is my drug of choice - I stocked up before they pulled it last month... [Big Grin]
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I developed a taste for Code Red while in the US. Is it available anywhere else? Noo. . .

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

We'll all pool together and mail you a 2 liter bottle of it.

They pulled Live Wire? Hmm...I wasn't aware of that.

--------------------

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

quote:
Originally posted by Charles Capps:
Live Wire is my drug of choice - I stocked up before they pulled it last month... [Big Grin]

I saw a bunch of it at Wallymart today....

--------------------

Charles Capps
We appreciate your concern.
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oooooo.

Yeah, it's a "summer only" thing.

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You're all very well trained Consumers. Well done!

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmm, I wonder if I can list Code Red on my Amazon wish-list. . ? 'Course, I'd actually have to have an Amazon wish-list, maybe I'll get one after Christmas when it emerges my brother didn't buy me Babylon 5 season 3 (as he's promised since he missed my birthday) but instead got me a CD. Or rather a cassette as whenever I asked for a CD he'd get me a tape instead. I have to tell him what I want for Christmas, otherwise he'd probably assume I don't want anything at all.

Where were we? So, yeah. Would USPS allow Code Red to be sent in the post?

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

Yeah, but there is no guarantee that it wouldn't go off like the Fat Boy when you break the seal...

...which suddenly reminds me of that milk commercials I saw once, you know the one...

...oh, that and the destruction of Nagasaki.

--------------------

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We've had christmas shit up since last month.
Meamwhile, many church leaders tried to ban Halloween this year because it fell on a Sunday and was "the Devil's day"....

Sickening.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps