Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » I got my dream job! (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: I got my dream job!
Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, you failed, ok, we will.....

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm pretty sure that second comma should be a full stop. Or better yet, knock out the third comma and replace "ok" with "so".

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, a while ago at work I did download QT to install on my work PC, and it installed iTunes as well.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"But. . . to add insult to injury, you can't actually GET a USB cable for the iPod. What you get is actually a combo USB-Firewire cable, with two cables coming out of the iPod end of the rig. So now I have two fucking Firewire cables!"

So, even though USB is supposed to be a "standard", they make their own USB cables that are incompatible with any other sort of USB connection?

Lee
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, it's an ordinary USB cable with the PC plug on one end, and the wide iPod plug at the other - but that wide iPod plug also has another cable sticking out of it leading to the MAC end of a Firewire cable. It's simultaneously annoying - because you have this cable that's just dangling there and getting in the way - and (intermittently) useful, because the power socket for charging requires a Firewire plug.

--------------------

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, that's what I'm saying. "iPod plug"? A USB cable should be a USB cable. Proprietary connectors and such should be grounds for having your ass kicked, or something.
Lee
Member # 393

Ah, I see what you mean. Yup, the other end of the USB cable has been removed, and replaced with the iPod connector, which it has to share with a Firewire cable:

http://akamaipix.crutchfield.com/ca/reviews/20031125/ipod_review2a.jpg

According to the Apple site, they now come with USB cables. Must have changed their policy, especially since they now supply the dock only with the 40Gb models but I got one with my 20Gb.

--------------------

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps