Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » MAKE IT STOP!!!!! (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: MAKE IT STOP!!!!!
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was shopping for budget, really. But I'm sure I can upgrade some. This is the board I ended up getting.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Austin Powers
Slightly warped
Member # 250

- posted      Profile for Austin Powers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know my trick for not getting my PC infected with spyware/adware etc.?

I use Windows 98! [Smile]
It hardly ever crashes, all my programs run sufficiently fast, I don't play games...
So why the hell should I upgrade to Windows XP and invite all kinds of viruses, spyware etc. to infest my system?

Old software rulez! [Wink]

--------------------
Lister: Don't give me the "Star Trek" crap! It's too early in the morning.
- Red Dwarf "The Last Day"

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Certain videos

Hehe.

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm so poor I have to rent farts. [Frown]

[ December 16, 2004, 03:50 PM: Message edited by: Nim' ]

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"You know my trick for not getting my PC infected with spyware/adware etc.?"

Your premises about Win98 might (and I stress might), in your case, all be true. However, your conclusion about WinXP is so far from being a logical consequence of them as to be on its own extra-dimensional fallacy plane. Your argument is therefore total crap, sir.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"[Win98] hardly ever crashes..."

And in what magical pixieland did you obtain this copy of 98?

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Indeed. I'm sure that NASA and, er, God will be interested in this amazing copy of Win 98 that not only never gets spyware or viruses, but also somehow crashes less than WinXP. It truelly must be a blessed copy of the hold OS.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Which is like what I said, only longer and four days too late.
Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I suggest that after you get rid of that spyware you use Spybot Search and Destroy along with Lavasoft's Ad Aware for preventive maintenance.

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TSN:
Which is like what I said, only longer and four days too late.

Dear God, I'm turning into Andrew.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, you still get some jokes... [Wink]

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

Actually, Lee is turning into Andrew. I'm not sure why, but it can't be good.
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps