Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Weird (Page 3)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Weird
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had a dream last night that I had to go this combination airport waiting lounge/long-term baggage storage place to get my suitcase, and it was full of Iraqis, only I didn't know if they were leaving Iraq or going back. My suitcase was mostly empty except for a single pair of jeans and a shirt, which I took out, as well as a CD player and headphones, and a camera + extra roll of film.
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is, just to clarify, the lounge was full of Iraqis, not my suitcase.

Latter on I dreamt that my father woke me up, standing worryingly close to my bed; he was completely in shadow, and for some reason I felt that he was, in fact, John Rhys-Davies, even though I knew he was not. Then I woke up and it was 3:30 in the morning, and I have been awake since then.

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I keep telling him he needs to get laid, but he always changes the subject and talks about philosophy, or something like that.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I suppose dreaming about lounges full of Iraqis every night would push you in that direction.
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Using the words "iraquis" and "airport" in the same post has probably been noted by Der Homeland Sekurity Dept.

TOday I installed blinds on the windows of my new apartment: ir was a bit too exposed before: I woke up thursday night and went into the kitchen for water when I realised that I was nude and the exposed windows face the parking lot (I'm on the ground level).

Luckily it was the middle of the night and I'd kept the lights out.

Kinda voyueristic though.

Hopefully I'll get a chance to assemble my computer tomorrow.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I replaced a showerhead this morning. My life is as interesting as a thousand dying goldfish.

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes the Echelon Network will pick up your talk of Iraqi's and Airports.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Marauth
Member # 1320

- posted      Profile for Marauth     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So if one of us types "I('m) (involved in/know of) a terrorist attack" will they'll come and pack us into cattle-trucks and send us off to deepest Siberia finally releasing our descendants decades later who'll find their homelands population by Russian colonists?

That'd be highly amusing for others to watch I'm sure.

quote:
standing worryingly close to my bed; he was completely in shadow, and for some reason I felt that he was, in fact, John Rhys-Davies
- Sol - Maybe Der Homeland Security Dept. are inserting nightmarish images into your dreams as punishment for thinking about Iraqis.

--------------------
Garbled, confusing and quite frankly duller than an inflight magazine produced by Air Belgium.

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Andrew:
quote:
I fear to answer these questions on the basis that you are going to roast me.
Ghak! I would never use another's personal information against them. As nip prefect, I'm sworn to professional secrecy.

quote:
No spoon or ribbon.
Well see this is interesting, they normally outfit themselves in that fashion to look presentable and cordial to the human they're visisting.
If the jar didn't have any accessories, that means the situation forced it to do an emergency fold to reach you, leaving no time for niceties.
This doesn't add up. Cloudberry jams pride themselves in their toughness and resolve, what could possibly scare one of them enough to leave the ribbon and spoon back at the base?
I fear something big is going to happen in Australia.

Sol:
quote:
My suitcase was mostly empty except for a single pair of jeans and a shirt, which I took out, as well as a CD player and headphones, and a camera + extra roll of film.
That sounds like the strategy my brother used for Thailand last summer. He didn't bring any clothes except for what he was wearing, he just bought whatever he needed down there.
Maybe you need to take a break, get some new experiences.
I really need to get a break from Sweden, what with the fucking sleet and all. I may be projecting.

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Nim':
Andrew:
quote:
I fear to answer these questions on the basis that you are going to roast me.
Ghak! I would never use another's personal information against them. As nip prefect, I'm sworn to professional secrecy.

Nip? as in Nipple? [Big Grin]
quote:

quote:
No spoon or ribbon.
Well see this is interesting, they normally outfit themselves in that fashion to look presentable and cordial to the human they're visisting.
If the jar didn't have any accessories, that means the situation forced it to do an emergency fold to reach you, leaving no time for niceties.
[/QB]

Ahhh but it's lid was covered in one of those red and white gigham material covers. [Smile]
quote:

I fear something big is going to happen in Australia.

[/QB]

"big"?

Yeah, me baybee! Woo! [Wink]

--------------------

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Big" as in Steve Irwin being elected your Prime Minister.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Oi, these American diplomats can be really feisty. Very dangerous. Their venom has been known to topple small governments. Crikey, look at the briefcase on this one! I'll dogleg around behind 'im while Terry gets the needle ready."
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

So Irwin would dangle his baby in front of a dangerous Republican?

Viewers would cheer for the US diplomat (particularly if it meant bodily injury to Steve Irwin)....even the french!

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

American's made him popular... he was unknown here until he became big in the US.

--------------------

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

1.) I would really like to go to Scandinavia, as it turns out.

2.)
quote:
Using the words "iraquis" and "airport" in the same post has probably been noted by Der Homeland Sekurity Dept.
In which case I guess I dodged a bullet.

3.) was going to be a link to a story about how the government finally ditched Carnivore after it became apparent that, as designed, it was totally unworkable, but then I realized I was getting my shadowy intelligence ops confused.

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps