Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » The General Lee -- minus flag? (Page 3)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: The General Lee -- minus flag?
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jesse probably had a lot more siblings ... my grandfather was about the same age as the Jesse character, and he had thirteen brothers and sisters. I think there's an episode where we see Luke's brother, and there's an episode on the 2nd season box set I haven't seen yet where some Duke relatives come to town and get $250k stolen, so I think there are probably more than five siblings ... also, they could be second or third cousins or what have 'ya. And we know there's a branch of the Duke family in England.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I heard Bo is Superman's dad. But not really.
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My favorite scene so far:

Two bank robbers rob the bank in Hazzard (imagine that) and take Boss hostage as they make their escape. In close pursuit are Bo & Luke in The General Lee. One of the robbers says, "Are they cops?" and the other gets in the backseat of the car, knocks out the rear window, and starts shooting at the Duke boys. Luke perches himself on the passenger side door and starts shooting arrows, one of which lands about half an inch from the robber-in-the-backseat's face. That robber promptly observes, "They's ain't cops! They's injuns!"

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Say what you want about Knight Rider, but you never saw Michael and KITT trying to stop the bad guys with bows and arrows. Then, the General Lee didn't break down the number of times KITT did.
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Well, Luke & Bo are on probation and all - they can't use guns! So they use bow and arrows instead ... er, arrows tipped with dynamite, anyway.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was sitting at a roundabout yesterday evening and right in front of my eyes went the Starsky & Hutch Car, The A-Team van and the Knight Industries Two Thousand. I thought "Wait a minute, what was that?!" I managed to get around the roundabout as fast as I could, and confirmed I did actually see them. . . Some sort of promotional thing, I guess, I saw them heading into a business park.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dwight Schultz will be here this Saturday.

It's not a Trek con though- it's some sort of pop-culture thing and yes, Daisy Duke will be in attendance.

I dont know if I can make the cene though (I'd like to meet Schultz) as I have to work 13 hour shifts both before and after the show (I gotta sleep between shifts).
Info is here.
Damn, there's some hotties gonna be there: Tiffany is still hot....no idea what Barbara Bach looks like now though: could be scary.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lee:
I was sitting at a roundabout yesterday evening and right in front of my eyes went the Starsky & Hutch Car, The A-Team van and the Knight Industries Two Thousand. I thought "Wait a minute, what was that?!" I managed to get around the roundabout as fast as I could, and confirmed I did actually see them. . . Some sort of promotional thing, I guess, I saw them heading into a business park.

It's being done by Radio 1 for Comic Relief. They've also got the DeLorean from Back to the Future, and Mr Beans mini. One of my mates said that you can win one of them. I'm not sure if that's true, but the chance of owning KITT would actually make me explode with pleasure.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It'd be cooler if the made it KARR (just swap the red "eye" for a cool green one).

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Luke perches himself on the passenger side door and starts shooting arrows"

Would arrows even be able to catch the car ahead at those speeds? I'd think wind resistance would slow it down too much. I also never understood why the Dukes would risk life and limb to save Boss Hogg when he's just going to try and screw them over next week.

I've always wanted to get one of the back and forth KITT sensors for my car.... I wonder how hard it would be to install.

Oh, and I'm pretty sure it's Catherine Bach, not Barbera... assuming you're talking about Daisy Duke.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw a car once with the KITT light. I watched a lot of Knight Rider growing up too and always wanted one of those. Minus the faggy British-like accent.

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

quote:
Originally posted by Aban Rune:
Oh, and I'm pretty sure it's Catherine Bach, not Barbera... assuming you're talking about Daisy Duke.

Yeah, you're right.

I really think I'll go to whatever day Dwight Schultz is appearing.
I've always been a fan of his work (yes, I was an A-Team fan as a child).

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Aban:

Because they're the good guys!

Actually, in the episode, the bank robbers bought a used car that had been stolen from the Dukes' cousins and, unbeknownst to the robbers, had $250k in the trunk (the price the cousins had sold their property for). As Waylon said, "Only in Hazzard would robbers steal $10k and use a car with a quarter million in the trunk to make their getaway."

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I always liked it when they stopped the General just inches from the County Line, and the evil reflect-o-sunglasses southern chain gang sheriff was always sitting there waiting for them to break their parole.

Guess they must've been off probation when they left the show to join the racing circuit...

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

WizArtist II
"How can you have a yellow alert in Spacedock? "
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for WizArtist II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Hobbes:
faggy British-like accent.

Redundant adjectives there.

--------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world...those that understand Binary and those that don't.

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps