Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Help from you lovely Americans...

Author Topic: Help from you lovely Americans...
MaGiC
tutis per veneficus
Member # 59

- posted      Profile for MaGiC     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been roped in to help source props for a show set in 1950's America and one of the things I need to find or duplicate is a cough drop packet. I'm sure i'll fine doing the actual research of what the packet should look like, but I don't know a brand name. I know some old UK brands, but have no idea what kind of couch drop or throat lozenge was around in the US in the 50's. Could folks ask their parents (or cast their minds back!) for the name of a 1950's cough drop brand....Please.....

--------------------
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO, What a Ride"

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Smith Brothers was around back then...but Sucrets or Ludens are probably better known (I think they were around back then, anyway- I was not around then myself, of course).

Try a google search for "vintage cough drops". [Wink]

Here's something.
Some more.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds like the kind of thing you'd find on Lileks.com. . .

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I asked my dad and he said Smith Brothers too. And he directs you to www.fffoods.com

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Strangely, I used to be aquainted with Tom Smith- the heir to the Smith Bros. fortune (my best friend worked for him in Miami).

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You don't say? Have another prrrawn cracker. -Jeannie darling, these are delicious!
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

He collects electric railroad stuff and sports memoribelia, in case you want to buy him a present.

He's a dick though, so I dont reccomend it or anything.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

MaGiC
tutis per veneficus
Member # 59

- posted      Profile for MaGiC     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the tips. At least now I have a brand names to concentrate on. Just need to find a good graphic and I can start duplicating it. Yay! The joys of theatre on a tight budget.

--------------------
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO, What a Ride"

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, there's a picture of the bag on that site I gave you for Smith Brothers... Looks fairly old timey...

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Man: [on pennyfarthing bicycle] So, er, you don't like the old-time
bikes, huh?
[kicks Homer in the face, rides off]

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps