Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » A++++++

Author Topic: A++++++
Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Read these in order.....

http://www.aweekofkindness.com/blog/archives/2005/03/laura_k_pahl_is.html

http://www.aweekofkindness.com/blog/archives/2005/03/laura_k_krishna_1.html

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Intresting read: if she was crafty enough, she could say it was all an April Fool's joke.

Particularly if she convinced several others to hand in the same paper (along with their real ones) as a gag.

Good luck though: she sseems too scared to pull off a smooth scam...

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awww. Makes for a good laugh, though.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wonder if he realizes that he didn't remove her real last name from the URLs of the first couple of posts about it.

I guess this will teach him that, when you pull this kind of prank, you don't expose it to the world before you've finished it.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How dare anyone provoke the wrath of a self-defined comedy writer! Doesn't she know that's what brought down the Axis powers?

(There was all sorts of heated discussion on Metafilter over whether she was worse for expending such energy on cheating or he was for being a big jerk, and I'm like people, please; you're both right.)

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He could have had one of his friends (assuming he has any) call the girl (posing as the Dean) and fuck with her head instead of posting her name online.
It would have made her sweat and taughr her a lesson without fucking up her life and making her mom ashamed of her.

Speaking as a jaded and cynical man, I will point out that this is the product of a writer, so unless we can verify the tale (impossible at this point) we should take it with a grain of salt.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And it's a comedy troupe's site. And the date. And stuff.

It's a good yarn, though.

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good grief! If this story actually is true (and like Jason and Balaam, I have my doubts), that girl deserves everything she gets. And here I thought getting accepted to college was supposed to be a mark of at least some level of intellect.

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Yeah...right.
She fucked up and will probably get expelled (assuming this is true) while many college football players get a free ride academically without having to plagerize anything.

...of course, if her family is really wealthy, she'll probably get alight slap on the wrist.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps