Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Life Change (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Life Change
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thus, a new slogan for the US military is found.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Toadkiller:
Talk about overkill.

Rule #37 from The Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates:
There is no �overkill�. There is only �open fire� and �I need to reload�.

B.J.

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Abbadon:
Thus, a new slogan for the US military is found.

An Army of One... demented soul with access to the heavy artillery and lots of time on his hands.
Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Meet new people, go to interesting new places. Then blow it up.

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We are mean.
While everyone loves to blow things up (who would'nt?) it's only the leadership that's demented.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

LOA
Migraine Mistress
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for LOA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jeff~ Yes... I bought a Jeep... not a deer killing model, though. It's a Grand Cherokee... yes, and EVIL SUV!!! Bwahahaha!

TSN~ Cheap shot about the flute players... that's just low [Wink]

Jason~ The migraines don't seem to be stress related... as I said, I've been out of work since March, and since February I've actually taken EIGHT vacations, trying to "get away from it all". They don't seem to be helping me.... same headache, different scenery, you know? But that's okay... it'll get figured out eventually [Smile]

Thanks for the congrats and well wishes all... It's gonna be quite the experience!!!

--------------------
"You are anal twattypoo who has ruined my good mood" PsyLiam to TSN May 01,2006.

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Feel a migraine coming on-- go wash your hands in warm water for about a minute. Water has to be warm. Sometimes it works for me. Good luck up north. Make sure to send pictures (we can manipulate).

[ June 08, 2005, 06:58 AM: Message edited by: Balaam Xumucane ]

Grokca
Member # 722

- posted      Profile for Grokca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
North to Alaska, she's going north, the rush is on..........

Good luck on the new life, watch out for the skeeters, I hear that they a 1m long and suck directly from your heart.

--------------------
"and none of your usual boobery."
M. Burns

WizArtist II
"How can you have a yellow alert in Spacedock? "
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for WizArtist II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congratulations. I had a similar experience that ended up with me half a continent away. My fiance was going to move back to Joklahoma where I lived. She came out to visit me for my Birthday in November and on the day she left, I was fired from my job. I applied at every bank in the OKC Metro area and with 10 years of experience from operating Mainframe, to Credit department to Teller I only got ONE offer for a PART-TIME teller position. So I put my house up for sale, loaded up the truck and moved to Beverly... er well, a few hours north of there actually. I say when every door is closed, grab a blaster and shoot your way into the trash compactor!

Good Luck and may God bless.

--------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world...those that understand Binary and those that don't.

Diane
aka Tora Ziyal
Member # 53

- posted      Profile for Diane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats Liz! I love synchronicities [Big Grin] . More power to you that you recognize them.
Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lee:
Twitterpated?

Twitterpated: To be twittered and pated at the same time.

{Hope that helps)

--------------------
Sparky::
Think!
Question Authority, Authoritatively.
“Believe nothing of what you hear, and only half of what you see.”
EMSparks

Shalamar:
To save face, keep lower half shut.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps