Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » In today's news...

Author Topic: In today's news...
Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This was all in the daily entertainment news that's emailed to me. I thought it was weird.

*** Austin Powers banned in Malaysia

KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia (AP) - The Austin Powers sequel was too hot, baby, for the Malaysian censors. The National Film Censorship Board in the predominantly Muslim country banned "The Spy Who Shagged Me" this week. Its members decided that there was too much sexual innuendo and that cutting it out would disrupt the flow of the movie, the Star newspaper reported Friday. The filmmakers couldn't have been surprised, since the comedy is packed with sex jokes and double-entendres. The word "shag" is British slang for sex. Rolf Mittweg, head of international marketing at New Line Cinema, which released the comedy, said last month that the Malaysian censors wanted to change the title to "The Spy Who...Me."

*** Andy Dick asks for drug diversion program

LOS ANGELES (AP) - "NewsRadio" actor Andy Dick asked a judge to consider him for a yearlong drug diversion program that could clear him of drug charges. Dick was scheduled to enter pleas Friday on a felony cocaine possession charge and misdemeanor counts of marijuana possession, possession of a smoking device, driving under the influence and hit-and-run driving. Instead, the 33-year-old entertainer appeared in Superior Court Thursday and asked the court to rule on his eligibility for a drug diversion program. Arraignment was postponed to Aug. 12, when the court will decide if he is eligible. Dick was arrested May 15 when his car hit a telephone pole near the Hollywood Bowl. Police said he appeared intoxicated and attempted to flee the accident scene prior to arrest.

*** Courtney Love helps crash victims

STRATHMORE, Alberta (AP) - Courtney Love and members of her band came to the aid of two crash victims after an accident on the TransCanada Highway. Members of the band, Hole, were en route to Calgary for the Edgefest music festival when they saw a car flip about 18 miles outside of town Thursday. The rockers brought the two victims inside their bus and offered them hot tea and first aid until help arrived, the Royal Canadian Mounted Police said. The victims were later taken to a hospital. "They were obviously in shock, so shelter was important as well as part of the first aid, she provided," said RCMP Constable Daryl Bedard of Love's assistance. Love later offered the victims free festival tickets.

------------------
http://frankg.dgne.com/
RB: "'Get a life' is a phrase heard a lot, though I have never known exactly what kind was implied. Seems a lot of shallowness and greed is the rule."
CS: "I guess that it means the kind of life led by the characters of 'Dawson's Creek' or 'The Simpsons'."

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yeah, baby!

------------------
WHO ARE YOU

Cargile
Nobody Special
Member # 45

- posted      Profile for Cargile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I found a picture of Courtney's hole.

------------------
Aren't you glad I don't supply a link to my homepage here?

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Something like the Grand Canyon, isn't it?

------------------
WHO ARE YOU

Feste
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

*SIGH*

------------------
"'I'm afraid there's nowhere for you to sit,' I said coldly; 'the verandah is full of goats.'" --Saki "The Guests"

IP: Logged
RW
Member # 27

- posted      Profile for RW     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Malaysia sucks. But Singapore is worse still.

Jubilee
...complete with cherries!
Member # 99

- posted      Profile for Jubilee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a Hole poster ...... Damn, those two women are hot on that poster.....*LOL*

------------------
Berkoff: "He's threatening to kill me. What should I do?"
Michael: "Don't let him."
- La Femme Nikita

Jedi Weyoun
Member # 110

- posted      Profile for Jedi Weyoun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*applauds Malaysia*

.........bout time someone did that...
------------------
"Fear attracts the fearful"
([[[[[

• }�������������������������

[This message has been edited by Jedi Weyoun (edited July 14, 1999).]

• Sol System
    two dollar pistol
    Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
    Set up a repressive regime based on cronyism? Bow to the desires of those wishing to build a theocracy? I could have sworn someone had tried those before...

(A joke! If this devolves I shall stomp my foot and pout.)

------------------
    "And give me back my evil heart so I can see you as you are."
    --
    John Linnell

Quick Reply
    HTML is enabled.
    UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
     - Printer-friendly view of this topic
    Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps