Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » September 7th 1970 (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: September 7th 1970
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was going to use something like "Point of No Return" or "Halfway There" for a title, which gives you an idea of how I've been viewing this birthday's approach. 35 today. I can't believe how fast the last five years have gone (this weekend I'm seeing some of the friends I went with on a now-legendary holiday to Greece back in 2000, so I'm expecting a lot of "My God, five years ago!"-type exclamations). I've become a husband and father, I continue (unaccoubtably) to post here, and (to Liam's eternal disappointment) I still have a full head of hair.

And if anyone weants a doughnut, I got way too many (buying cakes for all 80-odd work colleagues is an established, if pricey, tradition) - they're in the caf� area. 8)

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The ailing, Atkins-striken pastry industry thanks you.

Also, happy birthday.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I suppose I'll let my standard hatred of "it's my birthday!!!!" threads slide, what with you now being middle aged and all.

Happy birthday, mr ginger.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's the sign
The coming of the herald as written in the scrolls.

-

H-happy birthday, Lee.

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sept. 7, 1970...

Donald Boyles sets record for highest paracute jump from a bridge, by leaping off of the 1,053' Royal George Bridge in Colorado.

Jockey Willie Shoemaker became the winningest horse-racing jockey by collecting win #6,033. �The Shoe� earned his victory at Del Mar Race Track in Southern California -- passing the previous mark set by Johnny Longden.

And apparently it's DAGWOOD & BLONDIE DAY since that comic strip was first created Sept. 7, 1930.

B.J.

tricky
Member # 1402

- posted      Profile for tricky         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congratualtions!
I recommend the mini flapjacks from M&S when spoiling the office. The mini chocolate rolls aren't bad either.

--------------------
Over the centuries, mankind has tried many ways of combating the forces of evil...prayer, fasting, good works and so on. Up until Doom, no one seemed to have thought about the double-barrel shotgun. Eat leaden death, demon...

-- (Terry Pratchett, alt.fan.pratchett)

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The only B5 episode titles you are allowed to use are "Meditations On The Abyss" and "The Fall Of Night", old man.
Wraith
Zen Riot Activist
Member # 779

- posted      Profile for Wraith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Happy Birthday!
My cat's just mauled a wagtail in your honour.

--------------------
"I am an almost extinct breed, an old-fashioned gentleman, which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-bitch when it suits me." --Jubal Harshaw

Diane
aka Tora Ziyal
Member # 53

- posted      Profile for Diane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Happy Birthday Lee!

I just realized my current boyfriend is a few months older than you. Christ Jesus.

Lee
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
. . . No, I'm not going there.

Thank you all! I have this feeling that I should be depressed, though, that the dominant theme of my birthday presents was related to work - I got four dress shirts and money to put towards a new suit. And not the Firefly DVD I asked for. . .

--------------------

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are they all black?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Lee
Member # 393

No, just one.

--------------------

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And the male strippers? One from each landmass?
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

One will be black, the other won't be.

--------------------

Lee
Member # 393

Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations, baby.

--------------------

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps