Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Web-access at work (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Web-access at work
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And then there was silence in heaven for the space of about half an hour. So. . ?

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pins and needles, needles and pins......

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, god, it's worse than we thought. Not only did they yank his web access, but they broke his fingers as well.

Seriously, I'm hoping there's good news.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was given a formal reprimand. It mainly seems to be due to me staying signed in to gmail all day and that coming up as me being on the internet 7 hours constantly. I've been told to stop that as it mucks up their stats. Everything else I've explained, and I can't be arsed arguing the formal reprimand.

On the other hand, I've now been given ownership of one of our contracts and have to perform incident management on it. Which is far duller than it sounds and doesn't come with a pay rise. Also, my team leader is away for 3 weeks and said that I'll be in charge. I suspect that he's joking as I've only been there 2 months (although 4 others of out 7 person team have been here even less), but I'm still going to run with it. The first part of my administration will involve getting rid of that silly "no tea at your desk" rule.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

akb1979
Just loves those smilies!
Member # 557

- posted      Profile for akb1979     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by PsyLiam:
I was given a formal reprimand. It mainly seems to be due to me staying signed in to gmail all day and that coming up as me being on the internet 7 hours constantly. I've been told to stop that as it mucks up their stats. Everything else I've explained, and I can't be arsed arguing the formal reprimand.

That sucks but at least you've not lost your job. [Smile]

quote:
The first part of my administration will involve getting rid of that silly "no tea at your desk" rule.
[Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!]

WHAT????

No tea at your desk!???

Animals!

--------------------
If you cant convince them, confuse them.

WizArtist II
"How can you have a yellow alert in Spacedock? "
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for WizArtist II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
why have tea when you can have a 64 ounce super tanker of Pepsi?

--------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world...those that understand Binary and those that don't.

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What do you call the 100 oz mug then?

--------------------

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Uniquely American.
Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

Obesely American better yet....

--------------------

Griffworks
Member # 1014

- posted      Profile for Griffworks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Only if the owner is also seen Super-Sizing their meals at MickeyD's and ordering Diet Coke as the drink....
WizArtist II
"How can you have a yellow alert in Spacedock? "
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for WizArtist II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey, buy one refill for 75 cents and you are set for the day, The Tanker of Doom keeps the beverage cold for up to 18 hours.

I'm sure someone will now tell how this insulation for the tanker was orignally developed by NASA...

--------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world...those that understand Binary and those that don't.

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

Close, Starfleet....

--------------------

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So...you can post from work, just "when it's slow" or some nonsense?

I keep Flare minimized at work and post in while the computer is scanning print jobs worth thousands of dollars to my company.

No one seems to mind that, but I dont have anyone whining that they "do all the work" either.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll have to be careful about which web-sites. I'm guessing that if I go on an ad-driven web-site that it will look like constant access, due to the adverts updating themselves, correct? Some thing with web-mail. But here it would just show the initial web-page loading and then me posting, if I do, right?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

Makes sense. Also depends on which sites you just pop into, if they are loaded with ads, and they don't pay attention to the times, you could get nailed for going to several different sites. All in about 2 to 4 seconds.

--------------------

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps