Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Ye Olde Desktop Background Question

Author Topic: Ye Olde Desktop Background Question
MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, so in the middle of this past week, I found an amazing deal on a 20" widescreen display, and I now need to find some desktop backgrounds for it. Unfortunately, very few of the sci-fi�oriented galleries I've found have image resolutions as large as I need (1680x1050). I've already got a handful of pictures from the Astronomy Picture of the Day (an awesome sight, and very informative), and a few pictures that I had at a large resolution that I could safely enlarge slightly to get the desired size.

So, is anyone familiar with some decent sites out there where I can easily find some high-res, sci-fi�themed desktop backgrounds?

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For Trek, the official (really old) Dominion WArs site has nive wallpapers.
For screensaver coolness, I use System 47 (really cool Trek LCARS animations.

or here.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've got around 80 or so images from APOD which rotate as my desktop background.

There are indeed some very cool pics.

--------------------
Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war.
~ohn Adams

Once again the Bush Administration is worse than I had imagined, even though I thought I had already taken account of the fact that the Bush administration is invariably worse than I can imagine.
~Brad DeLong

You're just babbling incoherently.
~C. Montgomery Burns

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps