Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Sasquatch Music Festival (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Sasquatch Music Festival
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, is anyone who happens to live in the Pacific Northwest (or even outside it) planning on attending this? It is at the Gorge, May 26-28, and has the most awesome lineup of anything ever. Except for day one, which I think I'll skip.

Look!
quote:
Day One: HIM, Nine Inch Nails, Wolfmother, And You Will Know Us By The Trail of Dead

Day Two: Architecture In Helsinki, Bedouin Soundclash, Ben Harper, Common Market, Constantines, Gomez, Iron & Wine, Korby Lenker, Matt Costa, Neko Case, Rogue Wave, Sam Roberts Band, Sufjan Stevens, The Brunettes, The Flaming Lips, The Shins, The Tragically Hip, Tim Seely

Day Three: Arctic Monkeys, Beck, Blue Scholars, Chad Van Gaalen, Clap Your Hands Say Yeah, Death Cab For Cutie, The Decemberists, Laura Veirs, Matisyahu, Mercir, Nada Surf, Pretty Girls Make Graves, Queens of the Stone Age, Rocky Votolato, The Heavenly States, The Village Green, We Are Scientists

I would go for The Flaming Lips and The Decemberists alone, but fortunately I do not have to. So, anyway, were anyone else to go, we could totally, I don't know, share overpriced bottles of water or something, or decamp to a local drinkery, as the mood strikes us.
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ohh...I'd go for The Shins, Death Cab for Cutie and Queens of the Stone Age.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wolfmother and Architecture in Helsinki are two Australian bands.

I like them both. Wolfmother is HUGE here atm. They have a very classic 60s/70s? rock feel.

Architecture in Helsinki I actually bought on a whim in 2003 when I was wandering down Brunswick Street in Fitzroy (Melbourne)... I was hooked by what I heard in the shop. The guy at the counter said if you threw a brick out the window you'd probably hit one of the band members on the head.

They proceeded to get a lot of airplay on independent/youth stations. Good band.

I heard Pretty Girls Dig Graves on the radio the otherday - I really liked the song I heard.

OMG and Sufjan Stevens I LOVE his latest track at the moment - supposedly he's doing one track for each state of the US over the next few years. At the moment it's Illinois. "Go the Illinois" or something is the track - it's very good.

Nine Inch Nails,
Wolfmother,
Architecture In Helsinki
Ben Harper
Constantines
Gomez
Sufjan Stevens
The Brunettes
The Flaming Lips
The Shins
The Tragically Hip
Arctic Monkeys
Beck
Queens of the Stone Age
We Are Scientists

I'd see the above.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

LOA
Migraine Mistress
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for LOA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not going to the festival, but I do so love the Gorge!

With my migraines though, it's going to be a LONG time before I enjoy any live music.... as it is, I don't even turn on my car stereo anymore.... Live music in a loud concert setting is out of the question.

But if you go, so have fun! The Gorge is an amazing concert venue!

--------------------
"You are anal twattypoo who has ruined my good mood" PsyLiam to TSN May 01,2006.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
OMG and Sufjan Stevens I LOVE his latest track at the moment - supposedly he's doing one track for each state of the US over the next few years.
One album. And yes, Illinois the album is neato, though I'm not sure which song you're referring to.
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wrote it down - I'll have to find it.

--------------------

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Isn't putting out fifty original albums a little... ambitious... for "the next few years"?
Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MOST AWESOME LINEUP NOBODY HAS EVER HEARD OF OH MAN

(I would go for NIN, which I know and trust by virtue of having played Quake.)

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TSN:
Isn't putting out fifty original albums a little... ambitious... for "the next few years"?

Oh, I;m sure he'll have ro combinea few states here and there- I mean, aside from the occasional T-Rex fossil, what's to sing about in Wyoming?
Or any state that has a "North" "South" or "West" in front of it's proper name for that matter...

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

Heh will there be an album "The Non-contiguous States of America"? [Smile]

--------------------

Da_bang80
A few sectors short of an Empire
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Abbadon:
Oh, I;m sure he'll have ro combinea few states here and there- I mean, aside from the occasional T-Rex fossil, what's to sing about in Wyoming?

CHEESE!!!

--------------------
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.
The courage to change the things I cannot accept.
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of all the people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.

Remember when your parents told you it's dangerous to play in traffic?

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's Wisconsin.
Da_bang80
A few sectors short of an Empire
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dammit! Stupid states with thier same starting letters!

--------------------
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.
The courage to change the things I cannot accept.
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of all the people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.

Remember when your parents told you it's dangerous to play in traffic?

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

Yeah, a bit like Newfoundland, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories in that respect...
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But in our defense, we only have 13 to remember, as opposed to 52. [Razz]

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps