Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Physics Building Weirdness (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Physics Building Weirdness
Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LMFAO Feotal Calf Serum... that's new.
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jonah: I'm really not sure. I don't think corn syrup is a common ingredient here. Sounds horrible, anyway. Last time I actually bothered to look at a soft drink's ingredients it just seemes to be glucose or fructose.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

- posted      Profile for Peregrinus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Promising. One downside that just occurred to me -- anything you get from the States will have high fructose corn syrup in it. Nasty stuff, wretched aftertaste... Don't know if they have it in Canada.

--Jonah

--------------------
"That's what I like about these high school girls, I keep getting older, they stay the same age."

--David "Woody" Wooderson, Dazed and Confused

Da_bang80
A few sectors short of an Empire
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not a big pop drinker. But Pepsi and Coke tastes the same as it always does.

--------------------
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.
The courage to change the things I cannot accept.
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of all the people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.

Remember when your parents told you it's dangerous to play in traffic?

Lee
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You want strange taste, buy a Coke in Greece. Seriously. It's Coke. . . but different. I really wish I could find a way to characterise it. Not as sweet, very mineral aftertaste.

--------------------

Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I was in high school, a Brazilian foreign exchange student told me that Coke (as in Coca-Cola) had always been sold in South America with lemon in it.
Lee
Member # 393

"Always?" Bit of a sweeping statement there. And untrue as well - I used to live in Brasil and never saw any such thing. Unless "always" means "for a long time but not before 1988" in Portuguese, which it doesn't.

--------------------

Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

- posted      Profile for Peregrinus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ditto to Da_bang. Most soft drink companies in the United States began switching to high fructose corn syrup in the mid-'80s. By the mid-'90s, all the biggies had switched over. Coke, Pepsi, R.C., Mountain Dew, 7�up, Jolt, Barq's Root Beer... they all taste different from what they used to be. And I know it's not my local bottling plant, because this is across companies, in the Pacific Northwest, the Northeast, the Southwest... I miss all the wonderful beverages I could get in Japan. *sigh* At least I've got Ramun� in the stores over here.

--Jonah

--------------------
"That's what I like about these high school girls, I keep getting older, they stay the same age."

--David "Woody" Wooderson, Dazed and Confused

Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

quote:
"Always?" Bit of a sweeping statement there. And untrue as well - I used to live in Brasil and never saw any such thing. Unless "always" means "for a long time but not before 1988" in Portuguese, which it doesn't.
It might to a guy born in 1985 [Big Grin]
Lee
Member # 393

So, just ignorant then.

--------------------

Irishman
Member # 1188

- posted      Profile for Irishman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm old and i miss the way things used to be! [Smile]

--------------------
This is just fun...it's not life...keep this in mind and we'll all enjoy it much more

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
His car gets forty rods to the hogshead, and that's the way he likes it.
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps