Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » E3 2006 (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: E3 2006
bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you've seen the video (bad sound, sry) of Miyamoto-san playing tennis with the controller, that does look mighty fun. Of course the controller is just BEGGING for an awesome lighsaber game.
Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Cartman, dead?"

No, just in big scary limbo.

(And I know that will probably disappoint some people.)

((Also, Supreme Commander >= Spore.))

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by bX:
If you've seen the video (bad sound, sry) of Miyamoto-san playing tennis with the controller, that does look mighty fun. Of course the controller is just BEGGING for an awesome lighsaber game.

Ah yes, the ultimate nerd wet-dream come true.
bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Someone told me Supreme Commander was vaporware but I guess now it's slated for 2007. There's a gameplay video. Wow. That's some scale they got there. Long have I dreamt of a worthy update to TA.
Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That big spider tank on the screenshot looks like the big city destroyers of the latest Appleseed motion picture.
Man, was that a cop-out. They each had a giant railgun on the top, but it never got to fire due to the convenient override that saved the city.
Well you could've let just ONE fire! Grr.

Diane
aka Tora Ziyal
Member # 53

- posted      Profile for Diane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sol System:
Spore is a PC game. I mean, at the moment.

Assuming one has the stomach to tell a cashier one totally wants a Wii, I'd imagine the must-have games would be the new Zelda (and I did buy the 64 almost specifically for Ocarina of Time) and maybe, I don't know, Super Mario Galaxy? And/or Metroid Prime 3, if you're into that sort of thing. (Whiny complaint: I never liked the Gamecube controller, specifically the triggers/Z buttons, because they offered too much resistance and made my fingers extra tired, especially while trying to play Metroid Prime. Also, and cc'd to Bungie: backtracking does not equal added value.)

I was not implying that Spore wasn't for the PC. It does look interesting and I like Maxis's work. If my computer can run it I will probably get it.

I am mostly getting Wii at launch for Zelda, since they never said Super Mario Galaxy will be available at that time (I think they wouldn't want to weaken either game's release by doing that anyway). Not really interested in Metroid Prime though. I played a good chunk of the first one and stopped for about a year. Couldn't get back into it afterwards since I forgot what I was doing.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"I was not implying that Spore wasn't for the PC."

I think Simon was responding to Mr. Women there, who wondered what platform(s) the game would be on.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes.
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyway, re this Supreme Commander business, while it sounds cool, I fear that kind of scale kills the actual fun. Like, you'll never actually zoom in to enjoy the details, because you'll have to spend all your time zoomed as far out as possible.

Too much choice, in this kind of game, is as bad as not enough. Consider the unplayable Empire Earth 2. That's right, I said it.

(OK, maybe unplayable is overstating it, but, I don't know. Boring.)

Da_bang80
A few sectors short of an Empire
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Being a big time gamer, I notice that nowadays, especially with consoles, that video game developers are going for the shiny, flashy, graphically superior games, while the storyline of the game gets left behind somewhere.

I'm waitin for Halo2 PC and a new FarCry sounds like something to get excited about.

--------------------
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.
The courage to change the things I cannot accept.
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of all the people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.

Remember when your parents told you it's dangerous to play in traffic?

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got a 360, it's a good system for $300. The PS2 and Xbox were also $300 when they came out. I bought the $400 package which includes free Live Silver membership, 1 month free trial Live Gold membership, wireless controller, harddrive... it's a pretty good deal.

As for the game issue, I would agree there aren't many 'must have' games. So far I only have Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter. It's a fun game, and the online multiplayer can be addicting with repeating the phrase "One more game".

I also like how Xbox Live has the Marketplace, which allows you to play download demos and new features. I'm hoping they'll release new missions, character skins, weapons, and maps for GRAW.

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Supreme Commander looks alright, but I find Rise of Legends to look better and be more interesting. I mean it has a civilization based on the drawn inventions of Da Vinci, as well as an Aztec like culture influenced by alien technology.

This post brought to you by Mr.Women [Razz]

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps