Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Now I remember why I haven't upgraded my cell phone... (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Now I remember why I haven't upgraded my cell phone...
Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I make do without one. I've no one I care to call all that much, except my son, and I use a land line to call him. Unlimited long distance helps with that a lot.

Fear me, I am a cellphoneless barbarian!!!!!

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BUMMR.
LOA
Migraine Mistress
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for LOA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*could not live without her cell phone* Land lines are too restrictive. And more expensive than my cell phone is, at this point.

And now with the invention of bluetooth wireless headsets, I am unstoppable!

Though I talk on the phone only a fraction of the amount of time that I did before these damn migraines made me into the uber hermit of doom. 600 minutes a month, tops. I used to talk well over 3000. Ah, well. I still can't imagine life without one.

--------------------
"You are anal twattypoo who has ruined my good mood" PsyLiam to TSN May 01,2006.

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A hundred minutes a day? Fuck. That's my MONTHLY free allowance and I rarely exceed it. And yet my lackey at work also has a 3000-minute monthly tariff. What do you lot have to talk about so much?

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Like the kids the local market hires, they yap to their friends all day at school, then get to work and yap while waiting on customers to the same people.

Well, they are learning to put the phone down when I get in to line. The one girl rang up my total and just held up her hand for the money, never stopping her yapping. After a minute she asked what my problem was, quite rudely, so I commenced to berating her for her attitude. They now know that I will not pay until they have ended the conversation, hung up, closed the phone, and put it away. Other customers are following my lead. I over heard one girl compain we were ruining her social life.

Lee, to answer your question, nothing.

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

LOA
Migraine Mistress
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for LOA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Umm... I have NEVER talked on my cell phone while being at work, for the record.... I work in a call center, so I'm too busy talking on real phones [Wink]

I also don't talk on the cell phone while at school like other people I know.

Or while at family gatherings.

Or in doctor's office waiting rooms.

Or while driving, unless I'm wearing a hands free kit.

Really, I'm a very polite cell phone user.

I also don't use my phone when I'm being rung UP by someone, because when I worked retail it used to PISS me of when people would come to be checked out with a cell phone attached to their ears. Ugh!!!

Anyway, yeah. There's etiquette to follow. Some nitwits just choose not to. [Razz]

--------------------
"You are anal twattypoo who has ruined my good mood" PsyLiam to TSN May 01,2006.

Toadkiller
Member # 425

- posted      Profile for Toadkiller     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have they ruled out the cell phone as the CAUSE of your migraines from hell? 100 minutes a day!

--------------------
Twee bieren tevreden, zullen mijn vriend betalen.

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's only an hour & 40 minutes. I've spent 3 hours on the phone apiece with North Carolina, New Jersey, Texas, & British Columbia at times. Sometimes on the same day

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well try working for a mobile content firm where you're surrounded by hundreds of phones from Sprint, Verizon, Nextel, Boost, and Cingular. I can use whatever GSM phone I feel like today... but I don't have a data plan.

At least I can use the LG Fusic as my secondary work phone.

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

LOA
Migraine Mistress
Member # 49

As I said, I don't use my phone hardly as much anymore.

Furthermore, I've done a lot of research... there is absolutely NO evidence that I can find that cellphones trigger or even in any way contribute... I tried to make that correlation about a year ago. Even tried to talk my Neurologist into starting a study. He said it was a no-go. Too many failed studies already completed. [Razz]

--------------------

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps