Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Wil Wheaton's funny...I feel dirty

Author Topic: Wil Wheaton's funny...I feel dirty
Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From Willy's review of the Last Outpost:
http://www.tvsquad.com/2006/10/10/star-trek-the-next-generation-the-last-outpost/

quote:
A bit more research and some pretty nifty graphics reveal that the planet they are orbiting is an outpost from the Tkon empire, which was destroyed when their sun went supernova. Why the Tkons couldn't just move the sun or their planet with their advanced star-moving skills is not discussed, because the screen time was spent on that hilarious Chinese fingercuffs gag. Hey, you can have expository technobabble, or you can have humor, but you can't have both. We have a budget, you know.

Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Daniel Butler:
Why the Tkons couldn't just move the sun or their planet with their advanced star-moving skills is not discussed

A horde of angry Klingons, a rampaging cybernetic admiral, and a temporal warship recently rented by Future Guy.

At least, according to me.

[Big Grin]

--------------------
"Kirito? I killed a thing and now it says I have XPs! Is that bad? Am I dying?"

-Asuna, Episode 2, Sword Art Online Abridged

Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

- posted      Profile for Peregrinus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dude, WIll is totally Teh FunNy.

--Jonah

--------------------
"That's what I like about these high school girls, I keep getting older, they stay the same age."

--David "Woody" Wooderson, Dazed and Confused

Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But he still looks Teh Lam0r in any picture taken of him. It's a law of the universe that he's incapable of appearing as anything other than lame.
Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

- posted      Profile for Peregrinus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What do you expect? After everything else, he's still a comic/gaming/sci-fi/computer geek.

--Jonah

--------------------
"That's what I like about these high school girls, I keep getting older, they stay the same age."

--David "Woody" Wooderson, Dazed and Confused

Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

Hey! *I'M* a scifi/computer/gaming geek! *looks in mirror* Aw, SHIT.
Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Haha... well not really. So he does have a sense of humor when looking back. Why not?

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps