Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Woman's body found behind bookcase

Author Topic: Woman's body found behind bookcase
Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But that's not the kicker.

Her family believes Weber, who was 5-foot-3 and barely 100 pounds, may have fallen headfirst into the space.

"She's a little thing," her mother said. "And the bookcase is 6 feet tall and solid. And she couldn't get out."

WHAT?!? I...uh...WHAT?!?

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/11/25/bookcase.death.ap/index.html?eref=rss_topstories

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Would have been nice if they provided a picture of the women since I can't contemplate someone being that small.
Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Obviously, you've never dated small women.

Insert Ted Wallace quote here.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

HopefulNebula
Member # 1933

- posted      Profile for HopefulNebula     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mars Needs Women:
Would have been nice if they provided a picture of the women since I can't contemplate someone being that small.

I'm 5 feet even and ~110 lbs... just barely legal to donate blood.

--------------------
"Don't fight forces; use them."
--R. Buckminster Fuller

http://hopefulnebula.dreamwidth.org/

Guardian 2000
Member # 743

- posted      Profile for Guardian 2000     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I googled for a pic but there's just a face shot. In any event, I've dated or been friends with women around that height and size . . . one friend/ex is 5'2", IIRC, and 105 lbs., and a friend of mine is married to one who's a couple of inches shorter and maybe ten pounds heavier.

But I guess Mars has lower gravity so they all grow taller there . . . except that there apparently aren't any since you need them. [Wink]

In any event, that's an absolutely horrible way to die. I'm hoping she was knocked unconscious by the fall and simply never woke up.

--------------------
. . . ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam.

G2k's ST v. SW Tech Assessment

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My wife is 5 foot and one half-inch. When she asks me to get her things down from the higher-up kitchen cupboards, I usually hold them over her head so she can't reach.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

The Ginger Beacon
Member # 1585

- posted      Profile for The Ginger Beacon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Read it on the BBC. Felt sorry for dead midget. Sniggered at stupid family.

--------------------
I have plenty of experience in biology. I bought a Tamagotchi in 1998... And... it's still alive.

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Guardian 2000:

But I guess Mars has lower gravity so they all grow taller there . . . except that there apparently aren't any since you need them. [Wink]

Yes I have trouble understanding this concept you humans call 'love'.
Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

- posted      Profile for Peregrinus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well... When a boy meatsack and a girl meatsack simultaneously experience a hormone cascade induced by the presence of the other...

--Jonah

--------------------
"That's what I like about these high school girls, I keep getting older, they stay the same age."

--David "Woody" Wooderson, Dazed and Confused

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Short women are cool...tough to slow dance with though.
The whole bookcase thing is sort of horrific- what a shitty way to die.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

HopefulNebula
Member # 1933

- posted      Profile for HopefulNebula     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Abbadon:
Short women are cool...tough to slow dance with though.

Heh, I say the same thing about tall people. (And back in middle school--when I was still only the size of the average 3rd or 4th-grader--when we did the three-legged race on field day, I always ended up paired with the one other geek in the class. Said geek was *already* five-foot-nine.

Both of us were the best at three-legged races, but not when paired up with one another. Gah. And I'd already had ankle problems before then...

--------------------
"Don't fight forces; use them."
--R. Buckminster Fuller

http://hopefulnebula.dreamwidth.org/

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps