Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Inventor of specialized college dormitory sustenance has died (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Inventor of specialized college dormitory sustenance has died
Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.thestar.com/News/article/168530

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah, that was a good man.

--------------------
I got pictures of naked ladies, lying on their beds, I whiff that smell and sweet convulsion, starts a-Swelling inside my head, I'm making artificial lovers for free, I start to howl I'm in heat, I moan and growl and the hunt drives me crazy
I fuck like a Beast

W.A.S.P - Fuck like a beast

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
His name ends with "fuck you"?

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Nissin Food Products Co., the company Ando founded, said on its Web site that he died Friday after suffering a heart attack.

Probably due to the sodium content in his invention.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Saltah'na
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a supply of Shrimp Ramen in my apartment. It's not an everyday meal, just only used when I don't want to eat anything else.

And so, for your information:

NUTRITION FACTS

• Calories: 460
  • Fat: 20g (11g saturated, no trans fat)
  • Cholesterol: 0
  • Sodium: 1900 mg
  • Carbohydrate: 60 g (2g fibre, 6g sugars)
  • Protein: 11 g
  • Calcium: 3% of daily value
  • Iron: 5% of daily value

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
At first, I thought those numbers were incredibly high, compared to this chicken ramen I've got. But then I noticed that they used a "serving size" of half of what's in the package. As it turns out, the numbers are mostly comparable, except that mine has much less sugar, a negligible amount of calcium, and about three times as much iron.
Saltah'na
Member # 33

Nissin brand? (Mine is)

--------------------

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Question: How many of you refer to Japanese noodles as "ramens"? That's always bugged the shit out of me. It's like having a plate of "spaghettis."

(PS: here in J-land, ramen is called "Chinese noodles")

--------------------
When you're in the Sol system, come visit the Starfleet Museum

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And you wonder why the Chinese still hate you...

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Nissin brand? (Mine is)"

Maruchan.

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Abbadon:
And you wonder why the Chinese still hate you...

?Wuh?? I'm half chinese, and loved by all!

--------------------
When you're in the Sol system, come visit the Starfleet Museum

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So... I'm Filipino and gay and I have more women than I can deal with or get rid of.

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hate it when that happens.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Da_bang80
A few sectors short of an Empire
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Send some my way!

I always thought Ramen was a company name that made the noodles, like Ichiban. I guess I learned something today.

I got so sick of eating those noodles, the chicken flavour just got to be too much, so I used the chicken soup mix in a mug, and i put ranch dressing on the noodles, yum!

Anybody got any good recipes for Ramen noodles? I like to cook the noodles, add butter then the soup base. I don't like the watery soup stuff so I turned it into a sauce like Kraft Dinner. Actually really good that way.

--------------------
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.
The courage to change the things I cannot accept.
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of all the people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.

Remember when your parents told you it's dangerous to play in traffic?

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I never make it with the soupy stuff. Gross.

I made something once from a recipe called Bachelor Chow. Use a box of Hamburger Helper, without the hamburger, a package of instant potatoes, and two packages of ramen noodles. Cook, mix, enjoy.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps