Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Frigging microsoft

Author Topic: Frigging microsoft
Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nobody on Earth seems to be able to answer my question, so I turn my eyes to the stars [Razz] ... Does anyone on this board know how to switch off Microsoft Excel's overeagerness in changing random numbers into dates and currency? I can't enter a simple 7-2 without it changing to "2 Jul"...and switching the cells to General changes it to something like 32956.
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did you try changing it to "Text"?
Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Also, if you put a single apostrophe before the entry, it will register as test. Or maybe it is a quotemarkthing. Either way.

EXAMPLE:

'July 7

The Ginger Beacon
Member # 1585

- posted      Profile for The Ginger Beacon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Or in Dans case '7-2

--------------------
I have plenty of experience in biology. I bought a Tamagotchi in 1998... And... it's still alive.

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
North of Huế.
I've seen some badass spellcheckers before but nothing like this.

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmmm...didn't occur to me to change it to text. That's like...that's like....God, I feel stupid.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps