Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » I'm touring Paramount Studios Friday

Author Topic: I'm touring Paramount Studios Friday
Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I guess one of the perks of having your sister work for the overseas marketing department at Paramount Studios is that you can arrange for studio tours over there. So this Friday I'm getting a personal tour around the lot... and she promised that I can go see Star Trek related areas and take photos.

Personally I wanna see what's left of the Star Trek prop storage and see if that broken 4 foot Galaxy Class model is labeled USS Trinculo.

I'll be taking videos and photos for my entire time that I'm there and posting it to my account on JuiceCaster so feel free to take a look this coming friday.

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Except that, uh, none of us can see any of that shit unless we sign up for the service. FAIL.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

HerbShrump
Member # 1230

- posted      Profile for HerbShrump     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Um, it looks like I'm watching stuff on there without logging in.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong?

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anytime he posts picture or videos or the like, I can never see shit. All it does is ask me for a login.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hrm...doesn't ask me.
Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Shik:
Except that, uh, none of us can see any of that shit unless we sign up for the service. FAIL.

Well that's very appreciative, isn't it?

Thanks in advance for any scoops you get, Mikey, and if I have to sign up for a free account to see them(which it doesn't seem as though I do), then so be it.

Be on the lookout for models of the Nebula and Constellation classes, which are about the only studio models that haven't been sold off.

--------------------
deviantArt page | Online portfolio

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've posted stuff to other boards before without an issue... hmmm. And people seem to see me ride that bull video when I posted it.

I'll post it on Flickr for this board then but the videos and photos will first post to JuiceCaster as my phone has it.

BTW, you don't need to sign up to view my Player on JuiceCaster... you can still view my content.

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

It was a fun tour... too bad that the only props left from Star Trek are the ones in Las Vegas and in two shipping containers from the Star Trek world tour. I will post the other stuff when I'm sober on Saturday.

I did score a tour of the Star Trek XI sets when they go up in a month or so. I will take pix and video of that when I go back.

--------------------

The Ginger Beacon
Member # 1585

- posted      Profile for The Ginger Beacon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thats the first excting thing i've heard about trek XI. Glad you enjoyed, and i'll check those pics later, thanks.

--------------------
I have plenty of experience in biology. I bought a Tamagotchi in 1998... And... it's still alive.

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

I've uploaded the photos onto a public Facebook album:

CLICK HERE

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps