Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Need an MP3...

Author Topic: Need an MP3...
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I need an MP3 of the Motorola Razr theme. Its the one from this commercial. It comes on the V3c (CDMA version) but not on the regular V3 (GSM version). The V3c's supposedly can't transfer files over Bluetooth else I'd just yoink it from one of my friends with a V3c. I'm getting a Krzr K1 from my brother and would really love to have this on it as a ringtone. So if anyone knows where to find this file, I'd greatly appreciate it. Google is less than helpful in tracking this down...

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dabrye - Hyped-Up Plus Tax
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That doesn't sound anything like it... [Confused]

--------------------

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Beware of trying to use custom ringtunes on Motorola Phones.

I just got a Motorola KRZR K1s and it does not allow the user to use custom MP3s as ringtunes. This is a DRM restriction placed on the phone by its provider. There formerly was workarounds that could have gotten around the issue, but it would appear that the newer versions of the phone have made that workaround impossible.

Rather than return the phone in protest of this action, I kept it since my old phone bit the dust not too long ago. That and the fact that I didn't like any of the other phones being offered by other manufacturers and providers. I may end up paying for the phone to be unlocked or I will wait for a possible solution to come out, some people appear to be working on it as I type this.

So yeah, if you manage to get that in as a ringtune, let me know. I really want to find out.

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

This K1 is an older one... one of the first models, most likely.

--------------------

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
According to http://www.commercialbreaksandbeats.co.uk/ it is the Dabyre track. Not that I can tell one way or the other. But it's usually a reliable website and the date given - 2005 - fits, at least in the UK (I think I can remember seeing it somewhere the year before, maybe in the States?).

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

The only sample of the song I found didn't sound like it at all, though...

With the demise of OiNK, I can't find any versions of the song anywhere. [Frown]

--------------------

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My LG phone was able to send SMS messages with sounds attached...they were qcp's, but if you sent them to another phone, that wasn't a problem. Can one of your friends try that, or does that not work with Motorola phones/whatever network you have?
Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This depends on the provider. Here in Canada, all three major providers are doing these restrictions. Unless you obtain an unlocked phone (which costs an arm and a leg, half your thigh, and possibly an eighth of your first born).

DRM restriction on phones apparently is not new, they have been doing that for quite a while now, at least a year. Previously, I had no issues putting MP3s on my V551 before it went down the crapper.

What's even worse is that special software that was sold separately with the phone apparently no longer works with it. SMSing a ringtune also is known to not work. The only way to get one is to get one from a "legally approved" site, besides the ringtune, a fix is sent to update your phone to identify that the ringtune being downloaded is legal to use.

Obviously you can see the stupidity in this. To protect against so called "illegal mp3s" being used as ringtunes, they have also locked all the "legal mp3s" as well. All of my ringtunes come from my own personal CD collection. A friend also has an mp3 of a song created by a friend of his who belongs to a small band. One of my coworkers has an MP3 of a friend doing a Donald Duck Impression. So by definition, these should be legal, but alas we can't use them.

People tell me I should bite the bullet and pay for the damn ringtunes. I'd rather pay $50 to unlock the phone so I use my own MP3 ringtunes than to pay $2 to support some restriction to fund a cash cow.

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Fabrux:
The only sample of the song I found didn't sound like it at all, though...

With the demise of OiNK, I can't find any versions of the song anywhere. [Frown]

It is the dabrye song

http://maz.vox.com/library/audio/6a00c22522fe4b604a00c22523d59ff219.html

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

Aha! Excellent.

--------------------

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

Where would you guys be without me [Smile]
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

I'd be better if I could find it for download gratis...

--------------------

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

Aha, I have it! Thanks for all your help, MNW.

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps