Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » $$The Orange Box$$ (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: $$The Orange Box$$
Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, but I think with SiN it was due to a change in management and maybe poor sales of Episode 1.
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hear they're doing a new Deus Ex. Now done properly that could be a very good episodic franchise.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Da_bang80
A few sectors short of an Empire
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A new Deus Ex? Cool, they had something good with the first one, but I think they fucked the second one.

--------------------
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.
The courage to change the things I cannot accept.
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of all the people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.

Remember when your parents told you it's dangerous to play in traffic?

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, the first one was an epic masterpiece, the sequel just felt like a shallow imitation. I never did get around to completing the second one, so I don't know if it gets better near the end.

The only problem I had with the first game is that despite being a supposedly open story where they player decided how it goes, you have very little say in how the game actually plays out.

Anyway, the teaser trailer for the new game is here

--------------------

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cool. About the 2nd Deus Ex, I heard much critical acclaim. I guess that was just hype.
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

Well it certainly looked prettier, but the gameplay felt a little flat to me, compared to the first anyway. Better than the average shooter, but didn't live up to it's predecessor.

--------------------

Da_bang80
A few sectors short of an Empire
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Right, it didn't live up to the original. You couldn't switch around your biomods, once you chose them you're stuck with em. And depending on your play style that can really hamper your progress. It gets a little better near the end, but it's still a pretty poor game.

--------------------
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.
The courage to change the things I cannot accept.
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of all the people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.

Remember when your parents told you it's dangerous to play in traffic?

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

I just finished Bioshock. It had very touching ending...sniff...
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

That was fast work, you haven't had it a week!
Oh and I just bought season one of Sam & Max, it is indeed quite good so far.

--------------------

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

Well I played on easy [Smile] . Plus I've been at home most of the week. There's also an evil ending. Maybe I'll play again to get it. Though even on easy it was still no joke. Those Big Daddys were tough.
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Portal is quite clearly the most awesome game of all time ever it is awesome cake etc.

Also, COD 4.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

Really, I wasn't expecting portal to end as it did. I found myself checking to make sure I hadn't inadvertently started another game.
Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I sometimes play N64 or NES...but I don't even own a current console. However, my brother insisted on bringing his PS3 over to show me Portal...damn. That's got to be the best cake I've ever had.

But the whole escape sequence - we were in agreement (for once) that it got really boring. Too much of the same thing, same environment, pistons and crushers with no practical purpose all over the place. GLaDOS was fun, though. Especially "Still Alive."

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

I can't wait for Episode Three. Gordon and Alyx are going to a ship owned by Aperture Science. I smell a cartoon crossover [Smile]
Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey hang on, why didn't my signature appear on that last post?
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps