Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » So with the Writer's Strike over.... (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: So with the Writer's Strike over....
Da_bang80
A few sectors short of an Empire
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I swear to God if you post that pirate song one more time...

--------------------
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.
The courage to change the things I cannot accept.
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of all the people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.

Remember when your parents told you it's dangerous to play in traffic?

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Omega:
One time only. Residuals are all that keep them going between scripts, and that's what the studios wanted to eliminate. Since the studios wouldn't negotiate in good faith, striking was their only option.

I think it was also to do with digitally released media (itunes, webisodes etc) from which they were getting fuck all. As I recall the studios were bleating on about them not having a good financial model for the market yet. All the while raking in the itune, net TV on demand type services and advertising revenue.

As for the impact it's had on TV shows, I think it about killed the new Bionic Woman series...which I'm not too broken up about as it was very wobbly on it's legs from the start and Katee Sackhoff's character was REALLY annoying and sometimes the dialogue was just painful. Heroes on the other hand probably needed the break to figure out what to do next as it was in danger of fizzling out after a strong first season, so it may have been for the better.

...it also just occurred to me that with a lack of new scripts coming in, Caprica may be given a second chance as I'm pretty sure that was all set & scripted.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Fabrux:
...what fate Omoroca?

You know, it was driving me nuts trying to figure out where that was from, and it finally came to me! (And I didn't even use IMDB or Google!)
Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The J isn't for Jackson I take it?

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Uh, no...

"DON'T call me Junior!" [Big Grin]

It's Bernard Jr., if you really want to know. And I've always been called B.J., even by my parents.

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know someone with the initials B.J.....but in our nickname for him, the J stands for "Job"...
B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

So you're in middle school?
Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Or the person is large and it stands for Big Job, with his parents being fanatics and all.

--------------------

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Either that, or he's Mek-Quake.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

Or dad is a D-9 dozer and mom was an APC.

--------------------

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by B.J.:
So you're in middle school?

We were when we invented that nickname.
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
(Man, Sackhoff was the best thing about Bionic Woman.)
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps