Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » THE WAR IS OVER! BR WINS! (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: THE WAR IS OVER! BR WINS!
Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have one, but I can't remember the brand, and Searches have come up empty.

It works without the service, you have to either hit record, or program the timer. The quality is nice.

--------------------
Sparky::
Think!
Question Authority, Authoritatively.
“Believe nothing of what you hear, and only half of what you see.”
EMSparks

Shalamar:
To save face, keep lower half shut.

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Run it in to your computer and record it on a HDD.

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

The Ginger Beacon
Member # 1585

- posted      Profile for The Ginger Beacon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Those dvd recorders with a built in hdd are quite good, and they have come down alot in price.

--------------------
I have plenty of experience in biology. I bought a Tamagotchi in 1998... And... it's still alive.

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
AFAIK, you can't run basic cable into your computer since it's an analog signal. Besides the fact that I don't have anywhere to hook a coaxial cable into anyway.

And shut up about having old equipment or lousy cable. It works, therefore it's still good. With two kids & a third on the way, it's not exactly like I have spare cash for this anyway.

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am on digital. I have thought about trying it with the S connection, as both the video card and the box have one.

Worst that can happen is the normal total and utter failure. Which, in some small way, is better than a complete and udder failure.

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You can buy an analog TV-in card, can't you?
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes. I tried that once. It was some sort of ATI card. The recording software that came with it sucked, though, so I never really did anything with it.
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Torrents. Alternately, library books, which are pretty neat.

(Fun facts: I have downloaded one thing via Bittorrent in my whole life, and I had to do it at a friend's house. I am at the library all the time.)

Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've torrented massive amounts of television shows...I don't even have cable TV. No point [Razz]
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ATI All-in-Wonder

I had one once. Never could get it to work consistently.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

The Ginger Beacon
Member # 1585

- posted      Profile for The Ginger Beacon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, they're crap. I bought once, and replaced it quite quickly. In the end I gave up on TV cards - they seem to be far too tempermental.

--------------------
I have plenty of experience in biology. I bought a Tamagotchi in 1998... And... it's still alive.

Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

I've heard good things about USB TV tuners, but I haven't tried any.
OverRon
Member # 2036

- posted      Profile for OverRon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've had a couple of hauppage cards, one was a normal analogue one, and the other was a digital terrestrial one. Even using a signal booster, the picture was shit on both, and I always got this horrible interlacing interference with the picture.

I also had one of them All-in-wonder cards, and had wires trailing everywhere. Never did get it to work properly, and in the end just thought "fuck it." It was 9800 pro so it was a good GFX card for the day, but I wish I'd bought a non-all-in-wonder version and saved some money.

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps