Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Yet another nostalgic Time Waster (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Yet another nostalgic Time Waster
Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not those, but my graphing calc has tetris and a mario knock off. An interesting diversion from class [Smile]

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity".
-George Carlin

Not Invented Here
Member # 1606

- posted      Profile for Not Invented Here     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ritten:
Dan, nothing will ever compare to the original basic.

I remember, dimly, doing stuff in BBC BASIC on my older brother's BBC Micro. Loading in Mr. Do and Crazy Rider from tape. Man, good times.

A few years ago on holiday in a rented house in Cornwall I found an MSX in one of the bedrooms. According to the stack of magazines that was in the box next to it, it was a Japanese alternative to the Spectrum back in the day. I proceeded to spend two whole days typing in one of the crappiest games I ever played into it, and loving every minute of it.

I really should have nicked the thing and brought it home with me, they wouldn't have noticed!

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think I am too young to have expirenced the joy of programing your own computer games. I don't think I am too dissappointed though...

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

-George Carlin

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I started programming when I was 12; a buddy of mine started when he was 6. Trust me, it's not over your head if you really want to try.
HopefulNebula
Member # 1933

- posted      Profile for HopefulNebula     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My TI-83 had a SkiFree knockoff, bowling, poker, and a couple other games. I had to go into the programs just to fix the creator's spelling on the poker program...

Came in quite handy when our algebra teacher my freshman year realized that only a handful of us knew our multiplication tables. God, would I have been bored out of my skull but for those games.

(edit) Ooh! Oooh! This is my 200th post! [Big Grin]

(bride of edit) How many posts does it take to get to the Tootsie Roll center of a Tootsie Roll Pop be able to change my stat line, anyway?

(son of edit) I fail at closing HTML tags. Mock me to your hearts' content.

--------------------
"Don't fight forces; use them."
--R. Buckminster Fuller

http://hopefulnebula.dreamwidth.org/

Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
750? 800? I'm not sure...
The Ginger Beacon
Member # 1585

- posted      Profile for The Ginger Beacon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Or a flutter of the ole eyelids at a mod.

--------------------
I have plenty of experience in biology. I bought a Tamagotchi in 1998... And... it's still alive.

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

Or you could be the butt of many practical jokes... I think I only have about 300 posts.

--------------------

-George Carlin

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by HopefulNebula:
My TI-83 had a SkiFree knockoff, bowling, poker, and a couple other games. I had to go into the programs just to fix the creator's spelling on the poker program...

Came in quite handy when our algebra teacher my freshman year realized that only a handful of us knew our multiplication tables. God, would I have been bored out of my skull but for those games.

(edit) Ooh! Oooh! This is my 200th post! [Big Grin]

(bride of edit) How many posts does it take to get to the Tootsie Roll center of a Tootsie Roll Pop be able to change my stat line, anyway?

(son of edit) I fail at closing HTML tags. Mock me to your hearts' content.

I remember my TI-83 had baseball, breakout, bomberman(a favorite), two galaga clones, bust-a-move(another favorite), tetris,and some erotic text adventure game.
Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

I see no reason to have any type of game on a calculator, other than to increase profits, and decrease students' grades.

--------------------

-George Carlin

HopefulNebula
Member # 1933

- posted      Profile for HopefulNebula     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Most of them don't ship with the calc, but are programmed by people. At least, I nicked mine off of a friend's. No idea where she got hers...

--------------------
"Don't fight forces; use them."
--R. Buckminster Fuller

http://hopefulnebula.dreamwidth.org/

Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

Or, downloaded onto them via a serial/USB cable like all of mine were. Also, a suite for doing calculus and chemistry problems! I cheater [Smile]
Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

There's a chem problem thingy? Where? On the TI-84, or the '83?

--------------------

-George Carlin

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Probably for every version of the calculator that's ever been made.
Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

Well, I can't find it. We are made to clear our calc's memory before exams, so I think what ever is on there is wiped, and has been for the past year.

--------------------

-George Carlin

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps