Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Amputation of Galactic Arms (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Amputation of Galactic Arms
Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's a reason they used that frozen-brine measurement. I think when you mix that stuff together, there's a thermal reaction that occurs which brings the temperature to 0*F.
Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What you just said sounded like they used the brine measurement because they wanted the 0*F, but it should read as they used 0*F because of the brine measurement.

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Reverend:
It's simple. Water freezes at zero and boils at one hundred. So 50 degrees centigrade is fooking hot, or if you wish, half way towards scalding, by definition.

I should probably clarify. I know how celsius works, as it is the only measurement of temperature that we use in science class. It's just that if the US suddenly switched to Celsius (as if), I would feel weird lableing a day with spring jacket weather as 14 degrees. For measurements though, C is much more efficient, as it is a hell of a lot easier to remember that water boils at 100 degrees, rather than 212 degrees.

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity".
-George Carlin

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like Kelvin because then you can say it's a nice balmy 300 degrees outside. I like that for some reason.

Also, it makes you realize how incredibly frigid our planet is. I mean, it's only a couple hundred degrees above absolute zero. It's strange to think that stars are so hot, and everything else is (by comparison) unimaginably cold, receiving feeble warmth from their (mostly wasted) outpourings of radiation.

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps