Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Tim Russert Dies

Author Topic: Tim Russert Dies
Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, Tim Russert died today, while working on sunday's episode of "Meet The Press".

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080613/ap_en_tv/obit_russert

He was from around here, in Buffalo, too.
[Frown]

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity".
-George Carlin

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah I heard about this on TV. Real sad.
HopefulNebula
Member # 1933

- posted      Profile for HopefulNebula     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There goes one of the last decent journalists.

--------------------
"Don't fight forces; use them."
--R. Buckminster Fuller

http://hopefulnebula.dreamwidth.org/

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK, I haven't clicked the link yet - but he wasn't very old was he?
Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Only 58 years old!
He was overweight, had coronary artery disease, and an enlarged heart. A plaque broke off a coronary artery and caused arrhythmia.

I've watched Meet the Press for years. He seemed like a good guy and a tough, honest newsman.

--------------------
When you're in the Sol system, come visit the Starfleet Museum

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He also worked an insane schedule. But yes, I've always liked him too. He seemed like a really genuine guy who truly loved what he did.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I doubt that Meet the Press will be as popular again. He left some big shoes to fill.

He was appearantly more popular around here that I thought, as my local news is running nothing but his life story, and interviews with his friends from Buffalo. They even had a live interview with David Gregory this morning.

Sad, I think he was one of the only people who ever showed support for the Buffalo Bills on national television...

Oh, and if anyone feels the need to be nice and send the Russert Family condolences, you can do so here .

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity".
-George Carlin

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps