Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Ship Lost...and Found after 228 years (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Ship Lost...and Found after 228 years
The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Note that the earth's core is (thought by scientists to be) solid only because the pressure exerted upon it by the immense mass of the overlying layers is so extreme as to prevent it from existing in a liquid state.

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rock will do funny things under extreme pressure. Trust me on that.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds.

(I'll be seriously impressed if anyone gets that.)

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Only Oom Paul will. So, I guess he is me.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Abbadon:
quote:
Originally posted by Sean:
What, have trouble believing in the paranormal?

So did I. Then I moved into this house.

This is where we find out that you've been dead for years and cant possibly have posted all this time....

I can see the teen-movie adaptation allready: Fabrus will be played by Hayden Christensen, Charles will be portrayed by Daniel Craig, Shia LeBouf will play young Mars....all of which will, naturally suffer grisly deaths as the paper-thin plot unfolds over 90 minutes.

The only person worthy enough to play me is Clooney.

As for The Core, where do I begin? Landing the Space Shuttle on a freeway? French Stereotype Guy who gets crushed? Giant Bug Zapper aimed at the Earth's core?

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It wasn't a freeway as I recall, it was one of those weird concrete valley things they seem to have all over L.A. where drug dealers and motorcycle-riding Terminator units hang out. What the hell are those things?
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Flood channels I think.

...wait, someone here actually watched the core?

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Daniel: The word you're looking for is aqueduct.

Kris: Yeah, I watched The Core too. Had to, out of silly geologist need.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have to watch science fiction movies I know are going to suck. Some part of me enjoys being angry at it, I think.
B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Shik:
Only Oom Paul will. So, I guess he is me.

Okay, color me impressed!
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Daniel Butler:
I have to watch science fiction movies I know are going to suck. Some part of me enjoys being angry at it, I think.

Now see, when I see a trailer for a movie that looks crap I say to myself "that looks crap, I won't bother watching it" and then I don't see it, life is less stressful that way.
Catwoman, another good example; looked crap, didn't see it, Battlefield Earth; looked crap, didn't see it. Chronicles of Riddick...you get the idea.
Not that I claim to have a spidey sense for crap movies mind you. I was tricked into sitting through Hulk (the Ang Lee one) only time I ever fell asleep in the cinema. Then there was the time I rented "Lady in the Water", but that was mostly born out of misplaced hope that is wasn't going to be crap. Oh and a female friend once insisted we go see Vin Diesel be a babysitter (I forget the title), though in my defence I agreed on the sole condition that we go see Sin City right after. It was worth taking the hit.

--------------------

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Oh and a female friend once insisted we go see Vin Diesel be a babysitter (I forget the title), though in my defence I agreed on the sole condition that we go see Sin City right after.

The Pacifier.

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity".
-George Carlin

Teh PW
Self Impossed Exile (This Space for rent)
Member # 1203

- posted      Profile for Teh PW         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
/me watchs the topic transform into...

--------------------
*shrug* Ready, shoot, aim.

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

Welcome to flare. [Wink]
If we're not off topic by page two then there is something very wrong.

--------------------

WizArtist II
"How can you have a yellow alert in Spacedock? "
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for WizArtist II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TOPIC! We don't need no stinking TOPIC!

--------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world...those that understand Binary and those that don't.

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps