Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Miscellaneous Cool/New Tech

Author Topic: Miscellaneous Cool/New Tech
Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Whenever I have a cool tech thing to share, I always start a new thread...from now on I'm going to keep it down to one [Razz]

So, here's a proof-of-concept camera that uses quantum entanglement of photons to create an image of something indirectly.

For some reason the most exciting technology from the Trekverse has always been the sensors to me. Perhaps because the computing and translating tech seemed too inevitable and everything else seemed too far-fetched - the sensors and scanners and tricorders always seemed just fictional enough to entice me and just possible enough to excite me. I especially liked the idea that the computers could use multiple kinds of sensors to build up a realistic-looking - but false - representation of things on the main screen, such as ships being lit up and weird spatial anomalies being visible.

Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Heh. ZPM.
Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd like to see some of these cars on the road. they are pretty affordable, so maybe I can convince my dad to get one when they come out. The lease on our car should be up by then anyways. I like how you can "refuel" them at home, so that even if there isn't an air station nerarby, which in all reality, there probably won't be, you still have "gas".

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity".
-George Carlin

Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

Speaking of refueling at home, isn't there a man somewhere who built a solar-powered water electrolysis station to provide his fuel cell car with unlimited free hydrogen...? (Bastard oil companies. Look how easy it is. It's the most common element in the Universe.)

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps