Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Rant about the news. Witty title not found. (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Rant about the news. Witty title not found.
Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

I wonder who this Personnel Board answers to and who appointed them?
Probably political suicide to go after the Palin or her husband....which is likely why palin wanted them to be the only ones investigating the matter.
And, of course, that their report will be released looong after the election.

I work for the state of west virginia. If Alaska's set up is anything like ours:

I'm not sure how the personel board works, but the Governor appoints most board members.It would be the boards job to investigate any state employee, neither she nor they had an option. Our Governor has sucsesfully stopped the Air Quality Board by refusing to appoint new members. The standing members time has expired, and at least one of them knows thqt their decisions wouldn't stand up in court, so she doesn't attend meetings, and they must not get enough members to Vote.

Some of the board jobs go to politicians, others oddly land in good hands. If there are people who do an honest job on this board then we may end up with the truth.

They sould have some time limits on how long they can take, but in a casr this big I would expect it to be after the election. Even if there are time limits they can get extentions and drag it out.

--------------------
Sparky::
Think!
Question Authority, Authoritatively.
“Believe nothing of what you hear, and only half of what you see.”
EMSparks

Shalamar:
To save face, keep lower half shut.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So the governor appoints, holds accountable and replaces board members...and yet, the board is supposed to conduct an unbiased review of their direct superior's actions?
No conflict of intrest there or anything.

Your own governor sounds crooked as hell if they wont allow the air-quality board to fuction- methinks some lobby is supporting the gov's political career. [Wink]

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps