Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Recycling Bin Bug (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Recycling Bin Bug
Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lately I've noticed that whenever I delete a file I get an error message saying "Cannot Delete DcX: Access Denied" X being a random number. When I try to delete the file again, it deletes with no problems. Any ideas?
Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've had that happen a few times. A reboot usually fixes it.
Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What do you mean by reboot, start all over again?
Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, are you going to change the display icon on the recycle bin, get a new directive-file, switch out the trash sound-effect and pretend that's how it sounded all along?

Sir, you are alienating the trash-can enthusiasts!

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

Well my recycle bin never made a sound, but what do mean by get a new directive-file? Can't you tell I'm computer savvy.
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nim is being facetious.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"What do you mean by reboot, start all over again?"

I believe he refers to the act of powering the computer down and back up again. Usually accomplished by the "Restart" option made available by selecting "Shut Down" or "Turn off computer" from the Start menu.

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

Well I was checking to make sure that Dan wasn't telling me to reinstall Windows or something. Cause I can't really afford to do that now.
Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I see what you mean about not being computer savvy [Big Grin] To "boot" means to turn on a computer, by the way. (Well actually it refers to the entire process of getting the operating system up and running in RAM, which presupposes the BIOS started correctly...but um, yeah, just turn it off and back on again is what I meant, and don't just hibernate. Sorry.)
Nim
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
DB:
quote:
To "boot" means to turn on a computer, by the way.
MNW:
quote:
Well I was checking to make sure that Dan wasn't telling me to reinstall Windows or something.
Yeah best not to, then you'd be facing all that driver-fixing business, to boot!
Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

And having to deal with those snarky Dell support techs from the East!
Nim
Member # 205

Or from Pamama!
Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

Not as bad as the call I had with an Asian (don't know exact country) operator who kept trying to sell me this multi-media technobabble device for my computer and started yelling at me TOO BUY, YOU BUY NOW!!! ONLY 500 DOLLA!!! DI DI MAO!!!
Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

Nim: I lolled.
Nim
Member # 205

na-na-na-na-Naa. :.)
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps