Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Happy Birthday To Meeeee

Author Topic: Happy Birthday To Meeeee
Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*blows one of those...wait, what are they called...they make a noise and they unfurl, then they furl back up again...*

I'm 22. That's old enough to have two of the same digit. In Ye Olden Tymes I'd have three kids by now and a festering wound, as well as an insurmountable debt to the landowner.

Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Daniel Butler:
*blows one of those...wait, what are they called...they make a noise and they unfurl, then they furl back up again...*

I believe those are called noisemakers.
quote:
Originally posted by Daniel Butler:
That's old enough to have two of the same digit.

Funny, I thought people who were 11 were old enough to have two of the same digit. My mistake. [Wink]

--------------------
"Kirito? I killed a thing and now it says I have XPs! Is that bad? Am I dying?"

-Asuna, Episode 2, Sword Art Online Abridged

shikaru808
T-t-t-t-today, JUNIOR!
Member # 2080

- posted      Profile for shikaru808     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Happy Birthday mate, hope 30 doesn't hit you too fast.

--------------------
"Its coming on. I just saw the wall move..."

Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Krenim: Yeah, but, you know, that was 11 years ago for me, so I have THREE times as many two-digit numbers related to my age or intervals thereof than do 11 year olds. So I'm not an idiot, really.

Huh. I always thought noisemakers were the ones that just made noise and didn't have a Furling on it. They're probably still called noisemakers...

Thanks, Shikaru.

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Really? Well damn, I guess in the olde tyme I'd be a great grandfather by now at the age of 27.

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm aincent at 35- I have (student loan) debt and a festering wound.
No kids or marital stresses though....

So Dan, what did you do and what did you get?
I bet you got screwed having a birthday so close to a holiday!
I should know (July 4th for me).

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, I can see it now : Everyone gathered under the tinselled flag, tearing the red, white, and blue paper from their Independence Day presents, singing Sousa carols... And Jason crying in the corner, because he didn't get an extra present for his birthday.
Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

Jason: Yes. Yes indeed. People generally think it's clever to give me a combined Christmas-and-birthday gift. So, I got some cash. I'm going to buy RAM with it.

What did I do? Got more drunk than I enjoy being, of course, and regretted it in the morning. Isn't that what everyone does? [Razz]

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TSN:
Yes, I can see it now : Everyone gathered under the tinselled flag, tearing the red, white, and blue paper from their Independence Day presents, singing Sousa carols... And Jason crying in the corner, because he didn't get an extra present for his birthday.

Well, not so much crying as blowing things up: everyone gives you fireworks as gifts when your birthday falls on the Fourth.
also, everyone thinks it's a great idea to go watch fireworks on the fourth (my family included) which explains why I used to sneak out of the house as a kid and not come back till nightfall: pissed everyone off no end.

[ January 02, 2009, 08:49 PM: Message edited by: Jason Abbadon ]

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps