Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » facebook ethics (or am i allowed to UNfriend peps without feeling like a dick?) (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: facebook ethics (or am i allowed to UNfriend peps without feeling like a dick?)
Da_bang80
A few sectors short of an Empire
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ya, not a fan of Facebook either. And after dodging cellphone wielding soccer moms that pay more attention to their phones than they do the road, I just decided to toss my cell. Just not worth the hassle or the money IMO.

--------------------
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.
The courage to change the things I cannot accept.
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of all the people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.

Remember when your parents told you it's dangerous to play in traffic?

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have this neighbor who's always coming to my door or walking up to me in my driveway to talk about the Neighborhood Watch program he's trying to get started. Every time I see him, he's got his blue tooth in his ear which says to me that neither I, nor what he's coming to talk to me about is so important that he can't be "off the grid" for 30 seconds.

It drives me nuts. And he looks like a moron. Of course that might also have something to do with the fact that he's overweight and tucks his v-neck t-shirts into his khakis...

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm on Facebook...although I always keep what I post clean, and often try to make my status updates witty for my friends' enjoyment. I like it because it allows me to get in touch with people quickly and easily. I do actually enjoy knowing what's going on in my friends' lives...if someone posts too much stuff I don't care about though, I just hide them from my news feed. I own a cell phone...but hardly ever use it. Just not a fan of it (and I absolutely despise texting). And it's always off when I'm driving.

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity".
-George Carlin

Teh PW
Self Impossed Exile (This Space for rent)
Member # 1203

- posted      Profile for Teh PW         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
o.O

*smacks Sean's forehead* Sorry. haven't beat the shit outta you in while XD

--------------------
*shrug* Ready, shoot, aim.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just yesterday a rep from Fort Lauderdale shot down proposed legislation that would have banned texting while driving.
Her reason? Such discresion for officers to issue tickets could lead to them ticketing women for applying their makeup while driving.

I swear to you, I wish I was fucking joking.

Also, undoubtedly unrelated, Florida leads the nation in hit-and-runs: over 350 in the past year.

Maybe they're putting on their makeup while texting... [Roll Eyes]

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Michigan just passed a law that makes texting while driving a primary offense, which means you can get pulled over for it. I'm all for a law against texting while driving... my problem with this is: while driving past someone at 50 mph, can officers really tell the difference between someone looking at their lap to wipe potato chip crumbs off their lap and someone looking down to text on their phone? And what if I'm just checking my signal strength? Or looking to see who's calling?

I'm afraid this will basically turn into an excuse to pull you over for anything they want under the excuse "I saw you texting." If you have a cell phone in the car, how are you going to prove you weren't?

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Easy- they can fight a ticket with their phone bill- Verizon can list all your activity and the time for you.
Besides, most of the drivers that are obviously texting while driving are obvious- I saw a woman "driving" while texting- right next to the bus I was on.
She had both hands blazing away on the keyboard while she used her knees to keep the wheel straight.

She had no clue what was in front of her car and we were doing about 35 mph....close to two school zones no less!

Fuck those people.

Teh PW
Member # 1203

ah technology. it's why global warming continues and retarded people still breed (because its the only thing they can do without fucking up)

--------------------

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Beg to differ. I think nuking a hotdog is probably easier to figure out than sex. And I hear retards like hotdogs. (Also stealing my potato chips on the bus.)
Teh PW
Member # 1203

Hotdogs with Rasberry jelly. hmmmmmmmmmmmmm....

--------------------

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

quote:
Originally posted by Daniel Butler:
Beg to differ. I think nuking a hotdog is probably easier to figure out than sex. And I hear retards like hotdogs. (Also stealing my potato chips on the bus.)

You cant say "retard" anymore- the new word is "Jonah Goldberg".

Kinda the same thing but Goldberg is willfully an imbicille while retarded people are just slow because of genetics.

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I seem to recall him asserting that Hillary Clinton was a fascist on The Daily Show, whereupon it became evident that he really didn't know what a fascist was.
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Pensive's Wetness:
ah technology. it's why global warming continues and retarded people still breed (because its the only thing they can do without fucking up)

I'd like to see someone have sex without fucking. Up.

No, wait, no I don't.

What?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Teh PW
Member # 1203

you sir, need to go look at youpr0n, looking for tags that include reverse cowgirl, salad tossing and fisting, in that order...

*howls in giggles*

--------------------

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Chilli dog!

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps